Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cambridge Cartel

What's Hot

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited May 2015
    bigjon said:
    It's a tiny valve combo!
    That must explain it then :)

EDIT I think I want one
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    viz said:
    Glad it went well. Who else was there?
    some very capable players including a chap called Douglas with a Washburn J5, Duncan with a black strat, Bill with a Warwick semi acoustic DC 4 string bass that sounded excellent and he played really nicely.

I played first with Paul, and then with a chap called Josh (might have been Joe but I'm sure it began with Jo ...) he had a lefty Strat and a fair bit of Hendrix influence, I'm not sure my style with an ES-335 alike was the most perfect foil to his musical exploration but hey ho you play, you contribute what you can, and you learn 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Fusion!!!

Nice one, yep they're good - the ones I know anyway. Paul's nice isn't he, and a great player. Noone else from here? MikeL didn't go?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    Fusion!!!

Nice one, yep they're good - the ones I know anyway. Paul's nice isn't he, and a great player. Noone else from here? MikeL didn't go?

Mike_L didn't go, mostly cos he can't have a guitar on a strap from surgery, partly cos I'm not allowed to drive until Wednesday. However Mike is hoping to go to next week's jam.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Oh gosh - how was the surgery?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

Over and done with, stitches out Friday, glad it's done. Hoping I can try playing weds or thurs and see how it goes. The cut is right where the strap sits.

Must lend you the Satchurator one of these days @viz

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Ouch. And yes that day will come one day! I'll let you know about next sunday .... :)
    Coolio, hopefully see you sunday.

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Off to the Beacy again this Sunday, 17th May, 8pm start. Mike L is considering putting in an appearance as well...
    Mike will be there, as long as he can hold a guitar.

mike_l said:
    Mike will be there, as long as he can hold a guitar.

Mike can hold a guitar, so will be there.

You poor, poor people.

:))

(I'll have to take the Ibanez as it's the lightest)

I'll be taking my Eggle New York, Mike, which is probably at least two pounds lighter than your Ibby, so you're welcome to use that.
    Or you can borrow my Jem - it's got more air than wood.

@bigjon and @viz that's very kind to offer, thank you, I'm sure Charlene is plenty light enough to use on sunday.

oh and does this mean viz is coming out to play?

Not sure as usual :( - have to go to abroad on monday ......
    Hello to new member @vaticancameos - here's the thread where we plug Cambridge-related stuff! I'll be jamming at the Beacy on Mill Road tomorrow night (Tuesday), and this Saturday Viz and I are gigging at the Tally Ho on Newmarket Road.
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907

We're closing the Houghton and Wyton Music festival on the 25th July - www.hwmf.co.uk / www.theflyingacesband.com  

www.theflyingacesband.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nice 1!
    Outed by Mike_L in the ThorpyFX thread, hello to Cambs resident @simonbeckwith - welcome to the Cambridge Cartel!
    This evening (Saturday 18th) I have a Jon Kingsman Band gig 8:15-9:45 at the King Bill in Histon. Outdoors as part of "Billfest", good job the weather forecast is good!
  • Hello everyone! Yes indeed I am a Cambs local residing in the inbred capital of the world, March!