Been offered a... Baja Telecaster

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5018
    Check the weight. Anyone who's happy with a Tele that weighs over 9lbs is either Thor or bonkers IMHO! ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I must be Thor then!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Were £349 in my local shop at first brand new.  :'( 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Deijavoo said:
    Kin ell.
    So those ones have actually went up in value? That's quite something!

• LevLev Frets: 228
    They're still going up, I bought mine in Feb this year and they've gone up about 50 quid since then.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    DiscoStu said:
    Deijavoo said:
    Kin ell.
    So those ones have actually went up in value? That's quite something!

I should've bought it but I was trading a '52 USA reissue in at the time so didn't really make sense to me at the time.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    DiscoStu said:
    I must be Thor then!
    Betht get thome cream.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    The price hikes in the last few years have been nuts. I really wanted a Baja when they released them at £399 (I loved the neck profile) but didn't have the cash, now I won't buy one because I'm not giving Fender an extra £266 that's a price increase of 66%!!! I'm struggling to think of any goods which have increased at the same rate as guitars during the global recession. It's no wonder the classic vibes have sold so well.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8702
    jeztone2;318876" said:
    I tried one recently, really liked it
    I tried a range of Telecasters in Denmark Street two weeks ago. My personal view is that I preferred the Baja's larger frets to a 50s Tele, and I liked the option of S2 switching as an option. I also preferred the Baja's 9.25 neck radius to the 50s 7.5. Against: didn't like the uncompensated bridge, or the edge of the ash tray under my right hand. Most comfortable for me was a modern with 6 compensated saddles and a rosewood fretboard with complex radius, BUT then it didn't feel or sound like a Tele any longer. YVMV
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    Had one for a while., thought it was decent but didn't like the neck, wasn't wild on the finish of the body and hated the 4 way switching..
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited August 2014
    Ive had 2. Both the ungodly heavy with think paint. Loved the neck, hated the S1 switching, paint and weight. Price seems about right
    1/2lb of finish on mine and I ditched the S1 switching too ;)

Adam_MD said:
    The price hikes in the last few years have been nuts. I really wanted a Baja when they released them at £399 (I loved the neck profile) but didn't have the cash, now I won't buy one because I'm not giving Fender an extra £266 that's a price increase of 66%!!! I'm struggling to think of any goods which have increased at the same rate as guitars during the global recession. It's no wonder the classic vibes have sold so well.
    Yeah they seem to weigh in at £400 these days. I paid just about exactly what the price increase was for mine ;) It was a while ago though.

Check the weight. Anyone who's happy with a Tele that weighs over 9lbs is either Thor or bonkers IMHO! ;)
    They vary. Mine after the refinish was 7lbs.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    @Roland I may have walked past you cos thats when I tried one ;) Id still like a 52RI but I love my Kotzen.