The Edge talking about telecasters

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
The passion that this guy feels about the Tele is clear for all to see.

Joking of course, he looks like he genuinely couldn't give a fuck. He isn't even holding a proper one and appears to be treading water when trying to think of legendary players. It's all a bit awkward really. He probably still got paid for it though. At least we were spared him playing some of that "Classic Tele" sound through a bank of 70 effects pedals.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    It's probably how he earned his place on Fender's Board of Directors! They clearly felt his passion!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398

I wish he did play something, he's an awesome player and one of the most important guitar players to play a Tel for Fender
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The funny thing is it immediately linked to a video of him playing an SG with his FX off, and he's smiling.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2427
    The Edge sounds the Edge regardless of what he plays, IMO a great example of the fact that most people just sounds like themselves, gear is less important
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He's your stereotypical guitarist who's better at expressing himself with his instrument than with words.

Sorry, couldn't get past the first minute.

• GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    Painfully insincere.
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Why would he really care? The music he plays is far more important than what particular shape of guitar it was played on. I honestly don't know why he bothers with so many guitars when almost everything he's ever played would sound the same on either the Strat, the Les Paul Custom or the Explorer.

I'm sure he knows the difference between a "Telecaster" and a Tele Deluxe with two humbuckers and a Strat headstock too, and probably picked that one just to annoy Tele snobs :).

… since he also has at least one "proper" Tele.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    edited August 2014
    To be fair to 'The' Edge, he's not a noted Tele player. When Andre Duchossoir wrote his Tele book, he had forewords written by both Albert Lee and James Burton - their styles were (at least in their formative years) synonymous with that guitar.

There is no obligation on any player (famous or otherwise) to have detailed knowledge of the history of the instrument - or have any unique insight into its influence.

It seems a fairly pointless video but I actually like the guy. He seems notably lacking in ego and has come up with some of the most memorable guitar work of the lack 30 years.