Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

We need your HELP

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6100
    How about a site 'poster'.
    Something like a pdf file that describes what the site offers and that we can print off in A4 and pin to the wall. I work at at Staffordshire Uni and we have many musicians on campus who are studying performance, recording etc. We have loads of notice boards too  :) 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27436
    equalsql said:
    How about a site 'poster'.
    Something like a pdf file that describes what the site offers and that we can print off in A4 and pin to the wall. I work at at Staffordshire Uni and we have many musicians on campus who are studying performance, recording etc. We have loads of notice boards too  :) 
    I like that idea.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    We should start selling groceries.. what other music forum sells groceries?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    frankus said:
    We should start selling groceries.. what other music forum sells groceries?
    Apparently Basschat are planning vegchat.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    well that leaves us the fruits - as always...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    frankus said:
    well that leaves us the fruits - as always...
    Unfortunately Mike Dolbear is planning the Mike Dolpear forum for fruity drummers. 
  • Basschat are building 'Guitarchat' at the moment and are planning Keyboard too.

BC does have an 'Affiliates' section of the forum where some retailers / builders get more exposure and offer forum deals. or example I just got a Tech 21 VT Bass-Di (the spanking new one) under a £30 off deal for Basschat members.
  • I've got it in the sig spaces on most forums.

On forums were there is no signature option, I've put it on my profile page.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10266
    tFB Trader
    A few ideas: My own site has a forum with a tiny number of members ... it isn't growing, but I get a significant amount of click- throughs checking it out. I will be revamping my site very shortly and may give the members an opportunity to join FB before closing my forum and putting a tabbed Fretboard Forum link on my main nav-bar. I am far more often 'at home' to answer technical queries on FB than on my own blog site or forum at the moment ... so it makes sense to do my 'guru' bit from within FB.

I agree that constant new blood and new ideas are the lifeblood of a forum ... otherwise it becomes stale and predictable ... never mind shrinking through natural wastage! What about a catchy 'viral' video to go up on U Tube? Those get the hits ...

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    Got a banner? 468 x 130 pixels will do.  I'll add it to my front page slider, and link it to here.  Even though I'm trying to build my own forum up, I'm willing to help out where I can. ;)
    We'll get something suitable sorted.
  • Thanks for your response Tony. I'm beginning to understand better the ambitions of the creators to ensure the continued growth and sustainability of this forum.

But again I dissent somewhat from those very ambitions; and that is all it is, cautious dissent - not disruption or any other nefarious activity whatsoever. It is entirely possible that my seemingly minority views are not shared, or indeed they may be completely wrong. But I would consider that it would be amiss of me - I too enjoy this site and appreciate the graft behind it's conception, and want it to thrive and prosper - not to be candid in my view that rapid, commercially measured/dependant, expansion is as dangerous here to the very objectives and ambitions stated, as Monquixote's ideation that the core elements of this or any site aren't enough to sustain it's existence. I think it simply boils down to a disparity in personal vision of what sustainabilty and furtherance actually are in this instance, which in itself is to be celebrated rather than be argued over.
    You very nearly got a facepalm for use of the word "ideation". As it is I have merely reported your post to the Plain English Campaign.
  • Thanks for your response Tony. I'm beginning to understand better the ambitions of the creators to ensure the continued growth and sustainability of this forum.

But again I dissent somewhat from those very ambitions; and that is all it is, cautious dissent - not disruption or any other nefarious activity whatsoever. It is entirely possible that my seemingly minority views are not shared, or indeed they may be completely wrong. But I would consider that it would be amiss of me - I too enjoy this site and appreciate the graft behind it's conception, and want it to thrive and prosper - not to be candid in my view that rapid, commercially measured/dependant, expansion is as dangerous here to the very objectives and ambitions stated, as Monquixote's ideation that the core elements of this or any site aren't enough to sustain it's existence. I think it simply boils down to a disparity in personal vision of what sustainabilty and furtherance actually are in this instance, which in itself is to be celebrated rather than be argued over.
    You very nearly got a facepalm for use of the word "ideation". As it is I have merely reported your post to the Plain English Campaign.
    I'm sorry if my use of language offends you, where would you like me to send your refund? 

• I'm sorry if my use of language offends you, where would you like me to send your refund? 

C'mon - "ideation"?
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    TTony said:
    We'll get something suitable sorted.
    Thanks TTony. ;)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28042
    Izzackly!

Don't
    Be
    A
    D
    ick

:)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13567
    edited September 2013
    well he can have one from me,  with VAT and import duty............... 

I agree  "ideation"   (dear god)  round these yer parts it would have got a  bloody slap as well.

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited September 2013
    bertie said:

I agree  "ideation"   (dear god)  round these yer parts it would have got a  bloody slap as well.

Tough guy eh? I cordially invite you, nay insist that you come and give me said slap...you'll find it much easier to write than to do. I've heard balloons go down before. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13567
    bertie said:

Tough guy eh? I cordially invite you, nay insist that you come and give me said slap...you'll find it much easier to write than to do. I've heard balloons go down before. 
    sense of humour failure eh ?    I cordially invite you to get one   

:)

love and kisses  xx
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Enough all.