Wah Fasteners - crude but it works

Everything starts with IKEA!!!

So I wanted to buy one of those Wah fasteners, but couldn't find one in the UK, and my Wah got to me last night, and the thought of having to wait for something to be delivered from the US, was just too much...so i went all DIY!

What you should know is, I'm not a DIY kind of guy, and I have no tools, as you'll see...but this worked splendidly. 

I started with one of these IKEA boxes

I took out the lip from inside the lid, which is stapled on, so no tools required, just a bit of thumb and wrist power

Next stage was using the tools...these are my tools for the job...
A very cheap Saw i once bought to fix some IKEA furniture, a screwdriver and a couple of actual screws.

First, I had take off the white rubber trimmings off the Wah and also the rubber feet...so I can measure up the holes

I used the Saw to cut the piece of wood to size, which took ages because, for one, I don't have a bench and holding it with one hand and cutting with the other is tiresome, and secondly, that saw is not made for this job!. But I persevered and got it done

Next...drilling holes without a Drill! This is where the screws come in. First I used the smaller screw to make the hole, then I used the bigger screw to make the hole bigger...

I did this to the two pieces and then was ready to pre-fit...it didn't line up properly on first attempt, but then I expanded one of the holes a little more and it worked fine. 

Next I added velcro to the two pieces of wood, and then screwed them to the pedal using the original screws. Given the velcro is on top and also the wood is soft, I managed to screw the screws deeper than the surface, so it doesn't stick out...its not flush, but close enough. 

And, this is how it sits on my board...i can have it on the edge and right at the bottom of the board 
with the tuner above it, and the patch cable passes underneath the pedal as well...WIN WIN!

all in all, it was complete hassle to do and looks really cheap and bad, but I'm kinda proud of my ingenuity and the result is perfect, so who cares!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom