SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sending to US instead..

What's Hot
rocknrollrelicrocknrollrelic Frets: 39
edited September 2014 in Amps £
I'm selling one of the coolest amps on the planet, the Friedman Brown Eye BE100. This amp is a 100 Watt Plexi style head designed by legendary amp guru Dave Friedman. This head has a Simple Clean channel with bright switch, Brown Eye channel with full EQ and footswitchable Hairy Brown Eye gain stage that is just amazing. Includes the Dave Friedman metro loop, FAT switch, C45 switch and SAT switch.

I purchased this lovely Friedman Brown Eye direct from Dave Friedman last year, before they were available here in the UK. This amp is superior in build and tone to any other hotrodded plexi on the planet!

This amp is a 240v UK mains version but if anyone has a US 110v version I would be happy to do a trade, I have some bits to do stateside so will either sell this UK version and purchase there or trade for a US version that I can send to the destination. Luckily my Pink Taco is still in the states with Dave Friedman..

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af42/teejfunkymonk/Friedman/2F918BA7-FC54-4F9C-A42E-ED68FA1170AF_zpshh0pvoyt.jpg

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af42/teejfunkymonk/Friedman/149FF13E-A29A-4E7D-83EA-BE357F60A911_zpsqcqdoiod.jpg

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af42/teejfunkymonk/Friedman/IMG_4153_zps97b25a07.jpg

Here is some information from the Friedman website :

The Friedman BE100 “The Brown Eye” culminates from the years of experience Dave has accumulated by performing tone mods on great British amps owned by countless Artists. Tamed is the harshness predominant with the Brit amps. Incredible girth, punch and sustain are just some of the tonal characteristics found in this amazing amplifier. The BE100 is also very responsive to the guitar’s volume pot making it incredibly dynamic and fun to play!!

100 watts, Overdrive Channel with Full EQ, Clean Channel with 3 Position Bright Switch Bass and Treble, Transparent Series FX Loop, Saturation Switch (SAT), FAT switch, C45 voicing, Hairy Brown Eye Gain Stage, Four EL34 Power Amp Tubes, Four 12 AX7′s Pre Amp Tubes.

ARTISTS CURRENTLY USING THE BE100:

Neal Schon (Journey),
Chris Shiflett (The Foo Fighters),
Justin Derrico (Pink, The Voice),
Dave Weiner (Steve Vai),
Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi),
Billy Duffy (The Cult)

SPECIFICATIONS

Power: 100 watts
Channels: Two Channel Head with transparent series Effects Loop
Weight: 44 lbs.
Size: 11 5/8"H x 29"W x 8 5/8"D
Preamp Tubes: Four 12AX7
Power Tubes: Four EL34
EQ: Bass, Treble, Mid, Presence, Master, Gain, Clean Volume.
Switches: Bright, C45, Fat, Saturation(SAT), Loop ON/OFF
Inputs: 1 Main Input
Speaker Outs 4, 8, or 16 Ohm
Line Out with Level Control
Effects Loop: Friedman Designed Series Effects Loop with Return Level
Made in the USA
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Oh my word.. 

must snap credit card and block paypal account.....
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    @sted

Just sayin' man ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    @sted

Just sayin' man ;)
    I'm cleaned out for now, otherwise his arm would be off mate!
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Had not been a certain guitar that is now my profile picture I would be seeing my bank manager!
    This is an awesome amp one that ends GAS!
  • Lots of interest, but still for sale.. Open to reasonable offers :)
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 615
    Any interest in trades..
  • Really I need the dosh to buy another in the states but am open to offers if you have stuff to trade?
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 615
    Just sent a PM :)
  • All PMs replied to.. So far still available ;)
  • Wasn't there a US Brown Eye on here a few months back??????
  • karltonekarltone Frets: 44
    edited September 2014
    I would have thought that your BE100 would have a tap on the transformer for 120v. If its the Mercury Magnetics TX then the voilet (240v) wire will be connected, that needs to be disconnected and isolated and the red (120v) wire connected on the primary side. Its not a major job, it will take a tech more time to take the chassis out and back in than to do the job.

I would check with Friedman Amps first as i am only summising based on the Mercury Magnetics Transformer spec.

It may save you the hassle of selling it.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they have their own transformers wound, not mercury magnetics. I will check with DF tho. Also they cost of send it to US with all my other gear is gonna bump the cost up :(
  • No worries, Thought i'd mention it just in case you hadn't thought about it as an available option.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
  • The Smallbox 50 & BE-100 are worldwide multi-voltage,

so no need to sell now ????

Graeme.

• Are they really?
    edited September 2014
    Is that right?  
  • Im sure the transformer does have a tap on it for different voltages
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Anyone know of someone that can help me do it?
  • FretKingFretKing Frets: 53
    edited September 2014
    I'm a dozy bugger !

I should have chipped in with this at the outset of your thread,
    , from the manual...

(I'd still ask Dave if it needs a fuse change though...)

"24. FUSES – Always use the correct rating and type of fuse as indicated on the rear panel. Note the proper rating fuse is determined by the AC line voltage in the country this unit is being operated.

25. AC SELECT SWITCH: This switch must be set to match the AC line voltage in the country this unit is being operated.

To change the setting, loosen (do not remove) the two screws above and below the slide switch. Temporarily move the protective cover strip and slide the actuator to match the voltage in your country. Place the protective cover strip back over the switch and tighten the two screws."

All the best,

G