SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sending to US instead..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Do I have one of them switches? Where is it located?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretKingFretKing Frets: 53
    edited September 2014
    Yes, rear panel 
  • DarrenDarren Frets: 168
    To change from 110v to 240v you have to remove a wire from the main board and re-solder from one tag to another..I did it with mine when i had my BE100..Really easy to do.
    Also as mentioned above change the fuse on the rear i think it's the mains fuse to half the current value
  • FretKingFretKing Frets: 53
    edited September 2014
    Check the manual on the Friedman website - the fuse values are specified.

I think this is the same type of arrangement as on the CAA/Suhr OD/PT100 amps
    and involves a switch-slide & no re-soldering.

Many amps including my Naylor have the multi-voltage capability but do 
    require a simple re-solder of a cable tag & fuse change to suit.
  • I think it is easier and cheaper to sell here and buy in US.. I don't wanna mess with the lifetime warranty!
  • I think it is easier and cheaper to sell here and buy in US.. I don't wanna mess with the lifetime warranty!
    It may be cheaper to sell it here as you say, you'll have to do some sums and see which is better or more suitable to your situation.

You will have to change the fuses, but they are literally pennies or cents.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
    Sure thing, but I doubt that simply switching to another voltage as described on their
    own manual would invalidate a warranty - thats why they made it an easy job
    so non-tech plebs like me could cope 
    :-B
  • I can't find that switch.. Have no clue what to do?????
  • There is no switch to my knowledge on the BE100 from the pics of the amp i've seen. Its a matter of changing the primary tap on the transformer which involves unsoldering one wire and isolating it (240v) and soldering the 120v tap on the primary and changing the fuses. It would take less than a bench hour for an amptech to complete and is totally reversible.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves
  • Thanks for all your advice guys but it is just easier to sell and re purchase stateside.. Brown Eye still for sale, open to reasonable offers :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    edited September 2014
    Well without that switch being readily available and easily adjustable, I reckon your amp is worth exactly £1086.23. And yes, I do not have to eat or pay any more bills for the rest of this month.

:ar!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    A LOL and no PM....

hhmmm, there's still time, there's still time. 
  • karltone said:
    There is no switch to my knowledge on the BE100 from the pics of the amp i've seen. Its a matter of changing the primary tap on the transformer which involves unsoldering one wire and isolating it (240v) and soldering the 120v tap on the primary and changing the fuses. It would take less than a bench hour for an amptech to complete and is totally reversible.

I already quoted word for word from the Friedman Manual how they advise doing it

and its not what you say involving any soldering. Why you are continuing to doubt that is beyond me...

I'm only trying to be helpful here.

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384

There is no voltage selector switch on the back of the BE-100, the manual is obviously wrong (Unless it's an internal switch as I've not taken mine apart).

• karltonekarltone Frets: 44
    edited September 2014
    FretKing said:
    karltone said:
    There is no switch to my knowledge on the BE100 from the pics of the amp i've seen. Its a matter of changing the primary tap on the transformer which involves unsoldering one wire and isolating it (240v) and soldering the 120v tap on the primary and changing the fuses. It would take less than a bench hour for an amptech to complete and is totally reversible.

I already quoted word for word from the Friedman Manual how they advise doing it

and its not what you say involving any soldering. Why you are continuing to doubt that is beyond me...

I'm only trying to be helpful here.

Fretking my apologies, i didn't mean to offend you in anyway and i'm not doubting you in what it says in the manual. 

The BE100 (which was a recent one) i have seen did not have a selector for voltage on the back and from gutshots of the amp you can see the primary connections on the board from the TX primary. The OP original pics also show no mains selector switch.

On topic, did a quick sum and it will work out cheaper (that is if you don't sell it to Deijavoo ;-) ) to sell your amp in UK and buy one over there because of the VAT, but if you can't sell it in time before you go etc you can easily change for use in US.

• I have weighed up all my options and I think I am just gonna fedex my Brown Eye to the US along with my others bits..

Quick question for the techies out there.. I need to purchase a step up transformer to run my brown eye rig plus my pedalboard that is running a voodoo lab PP2+ on US stages, any idea what wattage I will need to buy? The Friedman Brown Eye is 100 watts and I heard someone mention that the PP2+ consumes about 20 watts! Will a 500 watt step up tranny do the job?