SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dr z ft

What's Hot
llewllew Frets: 78
edited September 2014 in Amps £
I'm looking to trade my Dr z maz jnr reverb head and 2x10 cab, recently revalved and sound's cracking. But my band isn't gigging that much anymore so I'm looking for a little combo to use in the house but also for the occasional gig.Single channel ptp fender style amp love that glassy fender clean tone.
http://rs1377.pbsrc.com/albums/ah63/llew11/Mobile Uploads/DSC_0126_zpsb46461ad.jpg~320x480
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Where are you based?
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    South wales
  • A bit too far I'm afraid. London based.
    Ok no worries
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7852
    just curious.  How much for a straight sale.

M :)
    Hadn't really thought about it to be honest, the head is the old type without the eq bypass and the cab is about 4 months old.
    Dunno what they usually go for? It's in excellent condition and sound's killer. Now I come to think about it I'm not 100% sure I want to get rid of it? :-?
  • I've got exactly the same amp and speakers and I use mine at home all the time as well as for gigs - you'll regret letting it go!
    It's starting to look that way #-o
  • if you're wanting to get some natural drive sounds out of it at home, i've noticed that there are a couple of Break-Lite attenuators for sale on this forum - that might be a better solution than getting a different amp.
    Tried most of the attenuators including the air brake and brake lite and I don't like how they change the tone.I'v been away from home since Monday so I expect i'l change my mind about swapping it as soon as i plug it in on the weekend lol.
    edited September 2014
    Sorry think i'l hang on to this for a while longer. :\">
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good decision!
    No sod it! Will swap it for a nice old fender (not a twin my back won't take it) or something that does a good blackface tone two rock etc.
  • Don't do it I've done it twice and regretted it I swaped first one out for a fender super 1962 vintage 2x10 great amp but not as versitile as maz so sold it and brought maz again then sold it and brought dr z ezg fantastic amp loved it but to much headroom so outed it for headstrong beautiful amp but not enough head room so you guessed it sold it and brought the newer maz with the open back 2x12 and I love it it's the newer model though and I find it a lot better than my old one I don't use the eq bypass but seriously you will miss it when it's gone!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    Don't do it I've done it twice and regretted it I swaped first one out for a fender super 1962 vintage 2x10 great amp but not as versitile as maz so sold it and brought maz again then sold it and brought dr z ezg fantastic amp loved it but to much headroom so outed it for headstrong beautiful amp but not enough head room so you guessed it sold it and brought the newer maz with the open back 2x12 and I love it it's the newer model though and I find it a lot better than my old one I don't use the eq bypass but seriously you will miss it when it's gone!
    Agree they are fantastic!!
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    I'm selling a fender style amp in the for sale thread, I'd consider a swap if that suit? I'm in swindon so could meet half way.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    edited September 2014
    But I really want that big juicy clean 6l6 tone though! :(( and this is my second maz as well lol
    Thank's for the offer thorpy6 but I'm after more of a blackfacey type thing.Looks like a lovely amp though,good luck with the sale mate.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    llew said:
    Thank's for the offer thorpy6 but I'm after more of a blackfacey type thing.Looks like a lovely amp though,good luck with the sale mate.

No probs, cheers bud
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com