Connect strat bridge pup to tone control mod

What's Hot
I tried the add a wire to make the tone control on the bitsacaster but I don't like it so next string change it's going back. It seems to rob the bridge pup (Oil city hard man) of it's muscle.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    I agree.

Leo had it right.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    He sure did. The link is gone I disliked it so much that I didn't wait for next string change.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Disagree totally - strat bridge pup is unusable without a tone control  %-(
    Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    citizen68 said:
    Disagree totally - strat bridge pup is unusable without a tone control  %-(
    You use the ones on the amp.

Set it for your brightest lead sound with the bridge pickup, and everything else neatly falls into place.

The only thing I think needs to be changed is that the original cap value (0.1uF) is too large for the middle pickup if you like to roll it down a fair way. You can fix this easily by putting another one in series between the switch and the middle tone control, either another 0.1 (giving an effective .05uF, same as later old Strats) or a .033 (giving an effective .022, same as modern Strats).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom