Want Tech 21 Trademark 10 to sound bigger...

scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
The T21 T10 is a lovely little amp but I noticed its limitations volume-wise this week having played a 15w Fender valve amp of renown. The T10 is loud/full enough when on drive settings but quiet when clean. Would an extension cab sound much bigger or would 10 watt solid state nature of beast keep it pretty subtle and reserved? Also wondered if multi fx modeller on Tweed type setting would boost clean volume through fx loop... (Only an 8" speaker although a good 'un.) Any ideas appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    It does sound better with a 12" extension cab, but the clean setting is still quiet in comparison. You can only do so much with 10 watts.  I loved mine but ended up getting a more powerful amp.  Do not be tempted by the TM30, whilst essentially the same as the TM10 it just doesn't work through a 10" speaker. I got one based on how good the 10 sounded and hated it.  Sadly one of the latest modelling amps from Vox, Roland, Peavey etc will probably sound just as good and be louder.  Sorry.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited August 2014
    For a year or so I used a Tech21 Trademark 30 and when we got bigger gigs I got the Tech21 clean extension amp.  Linked them no problem at all and plenty loud enough. 

However, ultimately I got a Marshall for gigging and kept the Tech21 for home practice.  But that was just cos the gigs had got to weekly by then so it was less faffing.
    Should probably add an 'IMHO' to my dislike of the TM30 then :)
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    It's probably the ideal late night amp I must say but it might be time to invest in a Blues Jr or Laney VC 15 despite expense. Space an issue so a big cab wouldn't be great anyway.
    I ended up with a Tubemeister 18C as a spare and quieter home use amp.  A pretty good alternative if you want decent clean tone.