best courier services for amp.

I'm looking to transport a amp ..has anybody got any recomendatiins of a good couriour service ...I need it there in one piece...!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Forum favourite seems to be to use interparcel. 

The standard option is via ups who seem to look after things  (i.e.  not go out of their way to destroy them) and very cheap for a tracked courier.
    I've sent a couple of combo's this year and had no problems
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    John_P;31824" said:

The standard option is via ups who seem to look after things  (i.e.  not go out of their way to destroy them) and very cheap for a tracked courier.

Thanks ill have a look at them....do you usually insure them cos it puts the price lup quite a lot...?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Barney said:
    John_P;31824" said:

Thanks ill have a look at them....do you usually insure them cos it puts the price lup quite a lot...?
    It's probably wise - just in case  but you trade the risk against the extra cost.   I don't think I did but they were cheap enough to take the risk.
  • +1 For Interparcel.

Over 5 or so years no losses or damages sending/receiving amps and other gear. But I still pay the insurance just in case, that way no one loses out if shit does happen.
    Forgot to say the amp would be in a wooden flightcase and then a padded box ...is should be safe enuff from damage ...just worried they loose it... !
  • Yes it is unlikely to get damaged and a long shot for it to go missing, but you would be very glad you paid insurance if it does go MIA.

My leanings are towards belt and braces. Plus I always get a firm quote for the buyer so they shoulder the extra for insurance or maybe have them absolve me of blame if they so not wish to pay for insurance.

Or go halves on the extra for insurance as I did a few times, silly to lose a firm sale over a few quid IMHO.
  • +1 for interparcel - usually using UPS as the actual delivery company who have a lot of retail drop off places. The girls in the local Brantano shoe shop are used to me dropping off hulking great guitar amps!!
    Thanks for the info everybody.. ..I'm going to book interparcel today..