(Another) NGD ;-)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    so ugly it's almost like they did on purpose
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942

You are a man of taste LustyCourtier :-) I managed to get one before they disappeared from production. It's the only guitar a saw on the internet and bought immediately, no hesitation or endless research.

I love the neck... although it's quite thin, because it has a bit of meat on the shoulders it feel pretty solid for an SG. I'd spent ages looking for SG's with thicker necks and this is the best compromise I've found.

Tuning stability isn't a major strong point, but as you said, nice for a bit of shimmer. I didn't realise they were that limited a production (were there really only 148?).  They should appreciate like a Billy Gibbon's signed Les Paul ;-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147

I always fancied one of these when they first came out, but they only made 148 of them until Jeff Tweedy pulled the plug.

Low output BB1s, lyre, whats not to like?

Its not Pelham Blue, but Blue Mist which changes a lot in different light! Lovely neck, similar to Firebird V one, but a shade thinner. Im looking forward to gigging at the weekend with this and Last weeks NGD

Where do you live, and when is the house unattended?
  • Lol they all live in a secure studio but get gigged multiple times a week so they don't get neglected!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Lol they all live in a secure studio but get gigged multiple times a week so they don't get neglected!
    How secure?

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    I remember seeing The Black Crowes 2 years or so ago, and the image of Jackie Greenes 60s PB SG is still burnt into my mind. That was also a swinging factor in my mind.
    I saw that tour too and loved Jackie Greene's SG. Like Wilco and Tweedy a lot too so that's absolute top-flight GAS in my book. Conratulations and enjoy.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    Happy NGD, I'm not a big lover of SG's, but it's a beauty if you like em. I am in awe of that colour though, so much so that I want my next guitar in THAT colour.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    Most excellent choice my man, always liked the look of these. To commemorate the NGD I think I should add my favourite example of Tweedy's SG magic to the thread. The beginning is beautiful but skip to 2 mins for the freakout :P

• Love it. Think I'll dig out a ghost is born for the car today
  • Must admit I am partial to an SG and that is gorgeous !
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Ooooooooh that is lovely. I've had a couple of SG Standards, but that is beautiful.