Advice on amp value please? - Fender HRD White Lightning

What's Hot
citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
edited August 2014 in Amps
An unexpected GAS pang means I'm thinking of moving on my faithful backup amp - Fender HRD 'White Lightning' edition. 

No issues & no mods other than a Mitchell donut which I can easily take out. It's been gigged so not pristine but no tolex damage & I reckon will scrub up well (just a few marks)

Just after a guide price from those in the 'know' - I've seen older v1 HRD's fetch £300-350 but not sure if the special editions are any more well thought of?

I'm in Ireland so will try to sell locally first but happy to ship if that doesn't work out- comes with standard Fender cover & footswitch.

Thanks in advance for any advice - here's a few (not great) pics 

Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Guide price anyone?

• I have a mars bar, a bag of Quorn chicken fillets (2 missing) and five British pounds for you, sir. 

Seriously though, the edition type ones I've seen tend to fetch the same as regular ones, maybe a tad more.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Looks really nice, but I can't imagine it's worth more than about £50 more than a normal one.

Is it just the cosmetics, or does it have a different speaker? (Hopefully not a V30 ;).) That could make a bit more difference.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I have a mars bar, a bag of Quorn chicken fillets (2 missing) and five British pounds for you, sir. 

Seriously though, the edition type ones I've seen tend to fetch the same as regular ones, maybe a tad more.

Lol I know the feeling - don't really want to sell this but I seen a gorgeous strat!
    ICBM said:
    Looks really nice, but I can't imagine it's worth more than about £50 more than a normal one.

Is it just the cosmetics, or does it have a different speaker? (Hopefully not a V30 ;).) That could make a bit more difference.

@ICBM - Speaker is a Celestion Century Vintage Neo - sounds nice - always wondered what an EV speaker would sound like in it as I have a 12S gathering dust. Does £400 sound about right?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Sounds about right. The Century is very much a Marmite speaker though - to me, it doesn't add any value and might even put me off.

An EV might not fit, there's not a lot of room below the output transformer. Have a good look and measure before you go to all the trouble of taking the chassis out, if you are really considering it!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks - I seem to remember you posting before that you didn't have a high opinion of the Century Vintage but can't remember if it was the neo version or not. 

To be honest it rarely gets above 3 & I find myself keeping the bass control of the amp back at 3/4 so it's full enough sounding. 

I also think the neo speaker weight reduction has rendered me a lazy basket as I'd sooner lift this to a gig than lift the heavier head & 1x12 setup (which I much prefer the sound of) 

Note to self - stop being a fazy looker!

Thanks - I'll start fishing at 400 - still don't really want to sell :(