The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Chuffola said:
    But imagine X-Files with exposed baps.

More heavy breathing than the Cigarette Smoking Man doing 20 flights of stairs. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    I fear that they will dumb down with the next doctor to get the female audience back though.

If "the female audience" aren't interested in the current incarnation of the show- constant bloody talking and making no logical sense at all- I don't really see what else they can do.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• If "the female audience" aren't interested in the current incarnation of the show- constant bloody talking and making no logical sense at all- I don't really see what else they can do.
    I look forward to Joey Essex playing the role of the next Doctor then. Or maybe Callum Best. 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

Torchwood consisted of little more than Captain Jack Hamtastic - crying at the cruelty of humanity, being overtly bi or dying and coming back to life. It was shit.

Another Who spin-off will also be shit unless it's about... no, it'd be shit.

It'd be neat if Paul Darrow played Capaldi as Who - because a lot of Capaldi's posturing seems reminiscent of Darrow.

This Doctor is turning into another Baker... Colin Baker.      

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    frankus said:

Torchwood consisted of little more than Captain Jack Hamtastic - crying at the cruelty of humanity, being overtly bi or dying and coming back to life. It was shit.

Another Who spin-off will also be shit unless it's about... no, it'd be shit.

It'd be neat if Paul Darrow played Capaldi as Who - because a lot of Capaldi's posturing seems reminiscent of Darrow.

This Doctor is turning into another Baker... Colin Baker.      

Just for you ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

see the resemblance?

• Cack. Fuck off and die, Clara. Oh wait. That never happens. 

At least she stole his sonic sunnies. Apart from that, the whole episode was an unintelligible shart.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I actually quite liked that last one.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Cack. Fuck off and die, Clara. Oh wait. That never happens. 

At least she stole his sonic sunnies. Apart from that, the whole episode was an unintelligible shart.
    The screwdrivers back for Christmas ... a pressie from River Song.

• I saw somewhere that someone has tabbed that little chord progression/riff that he played in the diner.
  • I've got a tab of my self-composed song called 'Clara falls into a giant blender and is cut to pieces like a salad radish' if anyone wants to see it. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Is it in D minor?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Amusing!
    axisus said:
    It looks really bad .. the budget looks low and the superhero costume looks like it was made in a school artclass by an 8 year old.

Watched it last night. I take it back .. the super hero costume was crap but this was one of the best Christmas Dr Who stories in years. Sure it was cheesy in places (but it's Christmas) put it has pace and some wit, the usual Earth under attack and a neat twist at the end that means I think we will be revisiting these aliens.

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I thought it wasn't great the first time round, then watched it with my kids and they loved it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    My girls loved it. I hate the dumb stuff. I really hate the dumb stuff. If a spaceship is travelling at, say 400mph, and 'superman' was standing on a roof to catch it, it would shove him straight through the building in a fraction of a second and explode anyway. It's like saying stand on this thin ice whilst we throw a medicine ball at you - sure you can catch it but the ice will break under you. Maybe he could fly up and stop it ... but he didn't. Even superheroes need logic. Also I'm a grumpy old man.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    axisus said:
    My girls loved it. I hate the dumb stuff. I really hate the dumb stuff. If a spaceship is travelling at, say 400mph, and 'superman' was standing on a roof to catch it, it would shove him straight through the building in a fraction of a second and explode anyway. It's like saying stand on this thin ice whilst we throw a medicine ball at you - sure you can catch it but the ice will break under you. Maybe he could fly up and stop it ... but he didn't. Even superheroes need logic. Also I'm a grumpy old man.
    Maybe he was flying up at the same speed if was pushing him down. These are the things you need to learn if you are a superhero.

maybe it doesn't matter ;)

the costume was was terrible but I enjoyed that episode 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom