Any pacifica 510v owners?

jimboflojojimboflojo Frets: 122
Just wondered if anybody took a punt on the pmt/ dolphin deal ? Or if anyone has one would like to hear your opinion on if they're any good? Are the 3 sounds of the p- rails that different from eachother in the flesh ?is the trem any good?Had a pacifica 611 a while ago but found the neck a bit narrow , loved everything else about it and didn't really give it enough time to get used to - sold it on pretty quick. has anyone compared the 510 and the 611 side by side? Still weighing up whether to go for this or the trohman squier which is a fair bit cheaper. Any views on which is the better deal ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9661
    I tried one at PMT and thought it was a nice guitar with some nice sounds. Very nice pickup and nice Wilkinson trem. Thin neck as with other Pacificas (I actually quite like the neck but can understand those that don't get on with it). Didn't think though it gave me anything my Telecaster, or Pacifica 311H can't already do so I passed. However, it was an excellent guitar for £239 and under other circumstances I would have been very tempted.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • jimboflojojimboflojo Frets: 122
    Thanks hal9000, if you didnt already have the 311 do you think you would have chosen the 510 over it? with the deal they are about the same price now. Is it right that the 311 neck is a satin finish? Do you know if the neck on the neck on the 510 is exactly the same but with the gloss finish or are there any other differences?
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9661
    edited August 2014
    Difficult question, but I think I'd have stuck with the 311. Do I think the 311 is the better instrument? No, The hardware on the 510 looks better and the pickup was superb. It's just that the 311 better suits my needs. My guess is that apart from the gloss finish the neck is the same. If you don't already know, the numbering system for Pacificas is that the first digit indicates the quality level, 0 being the lowest and 6 (currently) being the highest so the 510 will have better pickups, bridge, tuners, etc than the 311. (The second digit indicates the number of humbuckers, and the third digit the number of single coils.)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    I still want to order one of these just because they are such good vfm. I don't need one nor really want one but at £239 its women's purchasing logic time.