All change...

All change on the electric guitar front since April. I was lucky enough to be bought a Gibson Trini Lopez (No. 70/200) for my birthday. Then the "bargain" Thinline 69 Tele's came around which seemed too good to miss, then finally I traded my Les Paul Junior (+£'s my way) for a Johnny Marr Jag that came up. I've always fancied one and this came direct from Johnny's guitar tech with some lovely natural "road wear" so I figured it should be a good one. This *should* do me for a while..
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o605/banjo74/BD8765F0-1826-4F33-9713-261BB3BE60F8_zpszozd43vm.jpg
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    nice

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Thats 3 good guitars there. I would love to try the Marr Jag. I hear nothing but good thing about them.

Does the series/Parallel do much in terms of sound?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • meltedbuzzbox;337811" said:
    Thats 3 good guitars there. I would love to try the Marr Jag. I hear nothing but good thing about them.

Does the series/Parallel do much in terms of sound?
    Very much so, I've been using it in series mostly which gives a really thick humbucker sound. It's got it's own bright switch for the series position to brighten it up a bit as well.

All the positions and two bright switches are noticeably different. All very useable. It's a brilliant guitar.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I think in terms of build its very similar to my AVRI Jag
    But the electronics are all kinds of different. 

Which one do you play the most?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I've only had the Jag since Thursday and the Tele the Wednesday before, so the Trini has seen more action. But, I can see the Jag being the go to for most things.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    Sweet collection. You're very lucky.
  • Three truly great and stunning guitars.  Good work sir.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Nice range. Lots of tones and some different feeling guitars.
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited August 2014
    Deadman;337867" said:
    Sweet collection. You're very lucky.
    It's a nice balance of luck and working hard
    ;)

**I've just noticed how pompous that sounds!**
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    Very nice collection.....congrats  :)
    No Darling....I've had that ages.