Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oil City: Introducing Katie!

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10362
Today is a celebration day!!! I have had help in the Oily Towers workshop on and off since last Autumn ... in the form of Katie. It is only now however that she has completed her training and is allowed to scatter wind fully fledged Oil City pickups.
You Will now be seeing her signature turning up on Oil City brand pretty regularly. Take it from me she winds a mean pickup!

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    It's good to see a UK business expanding: well done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    You know we'll only believe you if there are pics!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10362
    tFB Trader
    To follow when she has her lippie shade sorted :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Is this your way of telling us you're doing a Frank Maloney.......?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2014 tFB Trader
    Lol nope ... I.m not TV Jones

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol nope ... I.m not TV Jones

Hahahaha! :))

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    As any Fender obsessive knows girls wind the best pickups. 

Is the Katie sig going to be the new Abigail Y for cork sniffers in years to come?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I actually really hope so ... she is a hard worker and a total sponge for all pointless trivia about pickups!

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Hands up who's jealous of Katie? :D
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I think he's stringing us along, and that Katie's just the name for his latest piece of machinery. :)
    Nah, the machine is called 'Gloria' ... and that can't drink as much coffee as Katie!

Katie and Gloria :-)

Yes I know it's untidy on the bench ...  we have shelves to install when we have time ... but flat out on pickups at the moment!!!

• Awesome. I see she comes complete with a hoodie three sizes too big so she doesn't have to expose any more of her hands than necessary. A True Teenager :)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol ...

Katie's taste in music is ...image

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    edited September 2014
    Lol ...

Katie's taste in music is ...image
    Oh. Dear.

Poor girl.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    I will be playing everything from Zep and Motorhead to ZZ and Rory Gallagher in the workshop and hoping for osmosis ...

• I will be playing everything from Zep and Motorhead to ZZ and Rory Gallagher in the workshop and hoping for osmosis ...
    That's kinda what I did with my daughter. She wanted a computer, so I built her one and put my music collection on it. Oops, seems I forgot to put a CD/DVD drive in there... ;)
    <space for hire>
  • TheGuitarWeasel;339762" said:
    Lol ...

Katie's taste in music is ...
    Smart girl. ;)

Leave her to do the high gainers then?
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Loose clothing and moving parts! The supervisor who did my workshop induction years ago would have a heart attack (another occupational hazard).
    Anyway, congratulations to Katie. Start her off on the vintage tele pickups, that'll sort her taste out. Or drive her insane, one of the two.
    tFB Trader
    In the pic she was doing just that ... an Original Thames Delta bridge pickup ... which has sold to a discerning customer already!

We actually take safety very seriously: There are guards on any areas things could get trapped in, plus a low voltage motor that could be stopped by hand. Add to this the fact that the whole motor/drive train is on a foot controller that with a brake, causes a dead stop when you remove your foot from the pedal ... like a deadman's handle ... well I designed it to be operated by me whilst hung over .... what more can I say?

•  
    I will be playing everything from Zep and Motorhead to ZZ and Rory Gallagher in the workshop and hoping for osmosis ...
    ...Isn't that an Ozzy Osbourne album.....?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom