NJD-New Junior Day.

breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
Bit of a strange one this.I picked up this Vintage V120 off eBay with the seller describing it as a pre production model with VRS100 printed on the headstock which I believe is the model number for their older PRS alike guitar.Came with a HSC too so after selling my Epiphone Les Paul Standard and wanting a Junior type guitar for a while I thought I'd have a punt.

Well it arrived this morning and I must say I'm blown away how good it is.I've heard Vintage can be a bit off with their QC but this example is just fantastic.Great fret work with no dead spots and absolutely no choking I literally haven't had to do a thing to the set up.Played fantastically out of the box.Appears to be a two piece body unless that's just a veneer but I don't think it is and flawless construction.
Very resonant acoustically and sounds great through my THR10.I haven't played it through my Vox ACTV4 yet but hoping to at some point tomorrow.

Anyone got any info on what this actual guitar might be with it being pre production and having a different model number printed on it?

Here's some pics ( sorry about the quality )

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    no idea, but it's nice :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    I've had reason to contact JHS on several occasions - they do their very best to be helpful, especially a guy named Jon Parker.

http://www.jhs.co.uk/contact.htm
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I saw that on the bay and so nearly bought it, interesting its pre pro, wasn't it described as a manufacturers demo model or something, I was very tempted and I seem to remember not a lot of beer tokens, I bought a Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker I was offered on here for mot a lot more.....looks a nice guitar, Vintage seem to have a good rep
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I have had an acoustic bass and still have the giltrap 12 string both vintage and I'm really quite shocked how good they are! I believe the vintages used to be encore but changed the name when they upped their game, I would honestly rely on their stuff for gigging and studio work (with a lil bit of tweaking) for the price you pay you get some seriously good kit. Good acquisition sir.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    I might do that @close2u

I'm rather interested in the history of this particular guitar.

@paulnb57 yeah that's the one.I got it for £175 in the end.Brand new still with the protective film on the pickguard and truss rod cover.I may sell the case on as I don't need it which will bring the price I paid down a bit.I think the guitar retails at around £200 new.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Good effort fella - nice looking Junior.
  • I sold a VR100 DC some years back for £80, it had a one piece body and was really well made. I bought it as a gigging spare for the local chav pubs in case the usual fight broke out on the stage. I never ever used it, and had no idea a p90 could sound so good at the time, so sold it.