Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17599
    tFB Trader
    Oooo you really do.

I tried mine at practice and it's ace!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    I am saving & selling peds to get me a Velvet. Well, when I say saving...
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited September 2014
    I was all set to buy one, but went for the Skreddy P19 instead, which is annoying as its a 3 month wait for a new one. But the Velvet Fuzz looks promising. Do let us know how you get on with it.
    tFB Trader
    Ordered today :) Hope this will fill the gap and shut up the fuzz GAS.
    tFB Trader
    Corvus said:
    Ordered today :) Hope this will fill the gap and shut up the fuzz GAS.
    Good work that man. 

I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but it's been used with the band and got good comments.
    tFB Trader
    Good stuff, looking forward to this one.
  • Are you using it into a clean or dirty amp?
    tFB Trader
    Everything I use is into a clean amp as I have a non MV amp.

There is a Pro Guitar Shop video about stacking the Velvet which is worth a watch.
  • Just so you know, I tried the Rufus for the first time at volume at the Gearfest on Saturday. I need to spend a whole lot more time with it, but initial impressions going into an overdriven amp are:

The 'normal' setting on the Rufus added a really nice element to the existing amp tone. However, nothing really different to what I was achieving with the Koko and/or Shiba drive.

On the 'fuzz' settting, @samzadgan was kind enough to play around with some tone changes for me to see what was possible. It was interesting experience!! Spluttery but thick sound, but for what I play, not quite workable.

....however, the mids on the amp were quite high, which is not how I'd set the amp when trying it out at Peach. I think I would get overall better results out of everything if I slightly scooped the mids on the amp, to allow the Koko, Shiba and Rufus to shape the sound more rather than just add some 'more' on top.

I adore the Koko. You really just don't need other pedals if your amp is already slightly cooking, but I need to play around a whole lot more with it all. I obviously also need to try the Rufus into a clean amp to really understand how it works in that sort of environment too. The Velvet turned up at the weekend - many thanks @vaticancameos, so I need to try them both side by side to get a real feel. I'll see also what I can do with my Corso and recording them both, but my laptop's died at the moment so can't access Reaper etc.
    tFB Trader
    Mine's just arrived from the US, got a very good deal. Haven't given it a full work-out but really like it so far though it is a lot darker than I hoped. But running it into Timmy sorts that out if needed. Will try other amps soon. Chuffed. Back to making noise...
    tFB Trader
    I still love it. 

It's the most usable Fuzz pedal I've come across.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    What @monquixote keeping a pedal for more than 1 week? :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited October 2014 tFB Trader
    It's quite interesting at the moment I've actually got so much stuff I love on my board that it's very difficult for anything to find it's way on there. 

I can't really imagine getting rid of the SP, Sunshine, Badass OD, or Flint. The CAE wah I love, but I know something instant on would make life easier. 

It's quite possible the delay slot is taken as well now I have an El Cap.

The B9 is incredibly useful for my current band, but I wouldn't use it for a lot of things.

I think the third drive position is not fixed and will probably switch between a fuzz for the stull I'm doing now and a heavier drive for when I'm doing classic rock depping.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Give me a shout if you want to try a dirt. There's a slim pissabolity I have one or two.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

tFB Trader

I'm liking mine, goes from quite civilised to a filthy animal when run into a dirty amp. The toggle is great, makes more of a difference than comes across in the vids I think.

• mike_l;372266" said:
    Give me a shout if you want to try a dirt. There's a slim pissabolity I have one or two.
    I always thought you were more of a kleen type player. ;)

Really glad you love it - it sure does sound the absolute nuts in the demos, the burgs one alone makes me want to try one.
    tFB Trader
    It's just very usable without sounding fizzy or failing to cut through. 

I'm using it for "Play That Funky Music" with my band ATM and it has that great Isley Brothers Summer Breeze type sound to it.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Very tempted myself but not sure I'd use it enough
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Got one of these myself, just want to confirm it is awesome!

That is all ;-)

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • MrSwanson said:

Got one of these myself, just want to confirm it is awesome!

That is all ;-)

What kind of music do you play @MrSwanson just out of interest? I like the idea of one but not sure how it would fit in my set etc
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/