Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Well this is about two weeks late but never mind.

Hello my names Daniel and I have a guitar addiction, so all my friends tell me.

Q1: My first name and the first letter of my surname.

Q2: Charnock Richard in the North West of England.

Q3: Just have fun.

Q4: My Jackson that was painted by Sara Ray.

Q5: Zero, Smashing Pumpkins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello. I'm Jamie.
    I'm a actual idiot, A dad to a 2 year old boy, and meat is my favourite food. 
    I've been a lurker here for ages I thought I may as well as get involved.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's my name, with a x in the middle.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Cheesy answer but I've done all I wanted to, I've Toured the U.K and Europe countless times, played to 1000+ people, spent a week on a proper double decker 14 bunk tour bus touring the U.K with some of my best friends had a album released that was available in all good record shops. Good times.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My 1972 Gibson Les Paul custom.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Easy 'would' by Alice In Chains.

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    @jamiexsilver What band are/were you in?
    Stop crying, start buying
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Christ, how've I not done this yet?

Q1 Username- initials and birth month/year. Basically I'm bone idle with no imagination. In the real world, I'm Jason.

Q2 Where- originally from a rather nice country town in Northumberland called Morpeth, but seem to have settled in a lovely semi-rural town called Ryton, in the not so sunny borough of Gateshead.

Q3 Musical ambition- to be really really good at it.

Q4 Gear- possibly, just possibly, my Fender CS Esquire. It's lush. Through my Orange Rocker combo. That's lush too.

Q5 Song- ZZ Top, Brown Sugar.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    edited November 2015
    Moss said:
    @moss I was in a few at pretty much the same time I played guitar in Errander a noisy hardcore band, we always got compared to today is the day and converge. We had a album released on in at the deep end records. 
    I played guitar in The Nothing that was a chuga chuga metalcore band on TDON records. 
    I played guitar in Cocean that was a indie emo thing and bass in Antares that was a Dillinger Escape Plan esq tech metal band.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    I love this forum, I don't really post much because I'm a bit timid but it's good to be educated by all the different threads and banter. Well, my name is Gareth and I'm 35 and been playing for 12 years. I got into playing due to having loads of debt at the time and needing a cheap hobby. Hobby turned into obsession!
    1. My username is just my birth year.....boring I know!
    2. I'm from a little village in south Derbyshire called Linton, duck.
    3. My musical ambition is to be able to work out songs by ear
    4. I adore my jap Tokai Love Rock.
    5. If I've got to pick one song.....Nightrain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    jd0272 said:

Too busy with the gin and tabs.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    My name is Richard and I used to be normal before I started to play the guitar and joined this forum...

1. My username is three initials so easy to remember but dull
    2. London - south east London to be precise although now a Bromley resident
    3. Honestly - to be able to play competently before its too late - age is not on my side, nor was a late start
    4. 2015 LP Standard in Honeyburst with a sparkly dark perimeter
    5. Probably EC's Crossroads
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    mike_l;865973" said:
    jd0272 said:

Too busy with the gin and tabs.
    Sadly, true.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited November 2015
    I never did this either so here goes

As usual, I sign up with something on the spur of the moment as I never think I'll hang around. I should put more thought in.

North West Leicestershire after living in Thailand for 10ish years. Im soooooo glad to be back, honest......

Just to improve and enjoy playing. Im under no illusions of storming the charts or becoming a billionaire from it.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear

Not the hardest to answer as I have 2 guitars and one amp. PRS SE Paull Allender

Q5:  Your #1 ever track

Impossible as it changes so often. Probably something by Metallica, Buckethead or Bob Dylans early stuff.

Q6: Did you just make up an extra question to see if anyone would notice?

Most definitely

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Siejen;813642" said:
    Hello, my names Iain, and after a lonnnnng period in electronica land, I've picked up my guitar again. It's quite fun, actually :)Q1:  Where did you username come from? Stupid Iain Entertains JENny (Jenny is the boss)Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Coventry

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To integrate the Guitar into music like Squarepusher has done the Bass. Stage forward without being w*nky. And sustain like Santana. And jump / confuse like AFX. And....Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Guitar related, the classic PRS cu24 I just bought. Otherwise, Cubase.Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Aphex Twin, Girl / Boy. For the sunrise :)
    @Siejen your musical taste is impeccable sir!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I never did this either so I'll quickly write something...

It's the title of the first Zeppelin bootleg I ever got (Canada Mudslide) and the year I was born.

In Staffs - although I spent the first 30 years of my life in the West Mids and still work in Birmingham so I still have a funny accent.

Just keep getting better hopefully. I don't really want to do any more gigs than we're currently doing - maybe better gigs?

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear

My Les Paul - I've had it a long time now and it's not going anywhere.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track 

I don't have an absolute No1 but I'm very fond of Northern Sky by Nick Drake this week.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• derndern Frets: 357
    edited November 2015
    Hello. I joined recently and didn't realise this intro bit existed... apologies.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's a school nickname... the most stupid nickname ever for the most absurd reasons so I adopted it for online stuff.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I grew up in Norfolk but currently live in Newbury, Berkshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Currently to try and keep up with the bassist and drummer I play with for as long as it takes for me to feel confident enough to gig.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My HW1 strat that my wife bought me to get me playing again at the age of 40.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Changes often but currently Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

Cheers,

Mark
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    edited November 2015
    Moss said:
    @moss I was in a few at pretty much the same time I played guitar in Errander a noisy hardcore band, we always got compared to today is the day and converge. We had a album released on in at the deep end records. 
    I played guitar in The Nothing that was a chuga chuga metalcore band on TDON records. 
    I played guitar in Cocean that was a indie emo thing and bass in Antares that was a Dillinger Escape Plan esq tech metal band.
    I think my old band played with you guys a couple of times and some of my old band mates were also in Lavotchkin?

In fact i remember playing with you in a grubby little pub in Hartlepool when errander were called P>S>P with Humanfly? I think it was humanfly? 
  • therose789;869791" said:
    jamiexsilver said:

Moss said:

I think my old band played with you guys a couple of times and some of my old band mates were also in Lavotchkin?

In fact i remember playing with you in a grubby little pub in Hartlepool when errander were called P>S>P with Humanfly? I think it was humanfly? 

@therose789

Yeah It could have been humanfly I remember Beecher should have played but pulled out, we played Hartlepool a few times, what was your band called?

I remember playing Hartlepool with Lavotchkin (good good dudes!!) and d-rail.

• therose789;869791" said:
    jamiexsilver said:

Moss said:

@therose789

Yeah It could have been humanfly I remember Beecher should have played but pulled out, we played Hartlepool a few times, what was your band called?

I remember playing Hartlepool with Lavotchkin (good good dudes!!) and d-rail.

We were called fortune favours the brave. Ben -Guitar and paul -drums were also in lavotchkin, I used to play bass and shout in that band. 
  • @therose789
    I remember you guys, Ben Marram played guitar too didn't he? I defo remember a charity alldayer we played with you, I think it was Jonny from massacre on broadway that organised it. I know the Lavotchkin guys really well. I've got some stories about what me a Ben Wishlade got up to at one of Martyn's parties.
    Small world.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851

lamf68 - I've used the name for years on message boards - Johnny Thunders Album "L.A.M.F" and my birth year.

Port Talbot in Sunny South Wales

Absolutely fuck all - maybe one day I'll learn a scale - until then it's Ramones covers for me

1965 Fender Mustang

Jesus and the Mary Chain - April Skies

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
    I also never did this so yeah, here we go

Err, well my given name is Rob so it's not a massive leap to DrBob & hell if I ever get my avatar sorted what's cooler than Rolf the Dog right ?

Currently living in the burbs on the Southside of Glasgow but born & raised in Sutton.. nice..

At this point I'd just be happy to get back into a gigging band again

Probably my 'Whitey' strat built from a GSP basses neck & body, Wudtone Trem, Mojo & Oil City Pickups and a lamf68 relic/paintjob

Mountain Song, Janes Addiction

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom