Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1: Where did you username come from?

Ryan adams does an impression of the cookie monster singing one of his songs its on you tube

Q2: Where in the world/country are you?

Leicester

Q3: What's your main musical ambition?

Make strange noises

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Echorec.

Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

All or Nothing - Small Faces

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoBigGoBig Frets: 12
    Q1: Where did your username come from?

Or go home.

Q2: Where in the world/country are you?

Leyland.

Q3: What's your main musical ambition?

Learn more theory.

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Tom Anderson Classic.

Q5: Your No.1 ever track - again, just the one?

Inca Roads - Frank Zappa
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? The other day I laughed at how I like the Scottish term for shoulders and so chose "shooders" for my name on here as its a wee bit different lol.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Scotland...in the central bit.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To always enjoy playing, practicing and hopefully get the confidence to jam and gig again.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Man this is tough but my Parker Nitefly Mojo flame always makes me grin big time when I open its case.   

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? This is a cruel question but I'll play lol. For moi its Suppers Ready by Genesis.

• Thought I better do this, been on here a while buying various bits and pieces.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Start of an old email address made up of my name and a number, max break etc....

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? N. Ireland

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To constantly improve and have my own sound evolve.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My pedalboard probably, takes up a lot more time that it should!   

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Tough one, and I'll probably get slated for this, Bon Jovi Dry County, made me pick up the guitar!

• Hi, new here
    1. User name is my nickname plus year of birth.
    2. Currently living in wales
    3. I'm brand new to this so my musical ambition is to become reasonably competant at playing guitar.
    4. My best gear is my only gear Yamaha Pacifica 012 and practice amp.
    5. My favourite track changes all the time. I mostly like pop punk and indie.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1381
    Q1: It's my name....and I have an RSV Sportsbike 
    Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Warwickshire - via Sheffield and Oxford
    Q3: To be even remotely any good...
    Q4: R8 - no question
    Q5: Force of Nature - Peal Jam, most of the time,,,,,or SRV.... Vai..... Satch..... (Epic fail)
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2398
    Almost a year since joining I should probably sort this shit out...
    1. Name comes from Terry Pratchett discworld, mates used to call me Sgt Vimes after a character who never was a Sgt, but a Commander.
    2. Gateshead/Durham but born and bred Scouse git.
    3. To keep my fingers moving and beat arthritis.
    4. Tough one, Westbury Standard or Westone Prestige 250.... Can't pick between em.
    5. Puff puff on a chuff chuff by Ozric Tentacles, made me buy a guitar and learn to "play"
  • Hey everyone! A friend of mine recommended that I visit this forum.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    My last name is Fitzgerald

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    Peterborough UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    To become an all-rounded polished guitar player that has a lot of fun!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    Fender Custom Shop 62' Heavy Relic Stratocaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    Jesus.... that's difficult. (Might have to come back to that one!)

• tbmtbm Frets: 579
    Been posting here for ages, never did this introduction business, so:

Q1:  Where did your username come from? I was the youngest person in a band I was playing in during the late 90s, early 00s, so I got the nickname 'the boy'. M is the first letter of my name, so my username is just an acronym for the boy mark.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I live in Dublin, but I'm from elsewhere in Ireland.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Just to continue to be happy playing music with as many folk as I can, which is tough with a full time job and a few kids. But I think I'm managing ok.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My no.1 guitar, which is US Telecaster made in 1988. It's had a few changes down the years, but its mainly as I bought it.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Impossible to say, but the most slack jawed in amazement I've ever been at a gig was watching the Melvins open a show with 'The Fool, the Meddling Idiot' about 15 years ago. It pretty much changed what I thought about guitar, songs and songwriting.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • I've just signed up after finding this site a few months ago, so here goes!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's just my first name a surname initial.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I'm just outside Edinburgh.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to play both bass and guitar to a competent level, possibly even in front of other people! (I can play that better when nobody is looking, honest!) 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Fender Blacktop Jazz bass.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Know Your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine. This is a really difficult one,  It's not their best song, but it's the one that started me off way back in 1995 when I first heard that album, and for that it'll always be a favourite!

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 198
    edited December 2023
    Hi,just found this forum ,so here goes Q1 WHERE DID YOUR USERNAME COME FROM Iam a bit of a Neil Young fan. Q2 WHERE IN WORLD/COUNTRY ARE YOU? I'am from London. Q3 WHAT IS YOUR MAIN MUSICAL AMBITION? Just to play and enjoy it (bit late for the Albert Hall. Q4 YOUR BEST BIT OF GEAR Martin M36 Q5 YOUR 1 EVER TRACK. Most Neil Young stuff
  • Sergeant_SlowSergeant_Slow Frets: 1
    edited December 2015

Greetings!!

Q1:  I was a sergeant in the army, and my surname means 'slow' in Korean.

Q2:  Originally from S.Korea / grew up in US. But I have been residing in England for 8 years now. Currently live in York, UK

Q3:  I go out to jam weekly, and have gigs time to time... Can't be happier.

Q4:  My 2012 Moffa Maryan, an archtop guitar.

Q5:  You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To by Jim Hall, in Concierto album. The tune got me into jazz guitar!

• Hi. My name comes from my band Hailbails. We play fifties/early sixties inspired rock and roll I guess. I'm in Leeds but from Wales. My ambition is to gig as much as possible! Best bit of gear? Really sad but I totally love my Rothwell Love Squeeze compressor. I don't have a number 1 track! But at the moment I'm digging Shane Fenton and Unknown Mortal Orchestra! Not together.....
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Used to play games as Q.T Whiskers on steam but people kept shortening it. Ended up using it when signing up to a forum and it's been my default name ever since.

The UK, Currently in Sheffield but I go between here and Hampshire fairly regularly due to family.

Have a career out of audio, which I'm currently doing :)

My "Best" bit of gear would be my Fender custom 72 Telecaster, It was my first guitar that wasn't a beginner one and It's been my favorite ever since.

While it's impossible to pick one I'd have to say
    Tool - Vicarious.
    Learning how to play that song taught me so much about playing guitar and It's stuck with me throughout.

• billy75billy75 Frets: 1
    edited December 2015

Hi, to all forum members!

I joined as was looking for a new axe when I came across your forum, so thought I would join and see what useful info I may come across from all you crazy people! ;)

Q1:   That's simple it's my name and dob... not very interesting I know!

Q2:   Sunny Hunny(Hunstanton) and not very sunny at all! lol..

Q3:  learn to play the drums as been playing bass for as long as i can remember, and would love to be multi talented(saying that talented would be a start) :)

Q4:  got to be my Gibson Les Paul Deluxe 2015 Gold Top

Q5:  Ozzy Crazy Train... love playing away to that one, and was where it all started for me long ago!

• guitardude76guitardude76 Frets: 1
    edited December 2015
    Hi everybody, another newbie! Hope everybody is looking forward to Christmas. I came on here trying to sell my Badger Head and hopefully meet some likeminded gear heads! 

Here's me answers!

Q1: All I could think of at spur of the mo! 

Q2: Sunny England 

Q3: Just to keep playing and improve everyday, hopefully! 

Q4: My 2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard 

Q5: Jumpin Jack Flash 

Rock n roll!
  • AboAbo Frets: 15
    edited December 2015
    Well a Christmas present from me to me was to join on here lol . Not sure if I'm doing this right but hey IT ain't my biggest skill. Q1 Band nickname for about 25 years Q2 Ayr Q3 To keep on gigging till I pop my clogs Q4 My strat Q5 Gary Moore Still got the blues . I have me playing / singing it on SOUNDCLOUD wasn't sure if it was ok to post a cover on here so thought nah
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Abo said: Q5 Gary Moore Still got the blues . I have me playing / singing it on SOUNDCLOUD wasn't sure if it was ok to post a cover on here so thought nah
    It's ok to post, just do a thread in the appropriate playing sub-forum.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• m_cm_c Frets: 1238

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

The highly unoriginal use of my initials.

About 10 miles east of Edinburgh

To sound at least semi-competent playing the guitar.

Gotta be my chrome blue strat.

Tough one, as it varies quite regularly, and over a very broad spectrum. If I was to pick one that's been fairly dominant over the past few years, it would be Freunde Bleiben by Revolverheld. More because I like the video for it than the actual music!

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271

hello all, first time using a forum so please excuse any forum faux pas (had to google spelling of that) - such as finding this intro section about two months late. And thanks in advance for all the tips and knowledge I'm soaking up! Tim

Q1:  Where did you username come from? First name + some bits which I thought would have to include numerals to make it user-namey

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? South London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Become a competent guitar player and learn reading/understanding of music notation

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Yamaha SA800 (natural)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Ride: Vapour Trail