Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    timbuk02 said:

hello all, first time using a forum so please excuse any forum faux pas (had to google spelling of that) - such as finding this intro section about two months late. And thanks in advance for all the tips and knowledge I'm soaking up! Tim

Q1:  Where did you username come from? First name + some bits which I thought would have to include numerals to make it user-namey

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? South London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Become a competent guitar player and learn reading/understanding of music notation

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Yamaha SA800 (natural)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Ride: Vapour Trail

Good to see another Ride fan around here! Welcome @timbuk02
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Thanks for the swell welcome @Moss
  • TroyTroy Frets: 224

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Because it's my first name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Suffolk, UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To play the guitar at a semi competent level

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

I'll pick my latest purchase of a Gibson LP Studio, yes it has the robo tuners but I like them, makes changing tracks/tuning whilst using RS2014 a lot easier

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Too much good music out there to pick one

• 1coil1coil Frets: 1

Hello All,

I play both bass and guitar. I started on guitar, but switched to bass once I realized that I really enjoy playing with others. More people (with various instrument types and genres) want bass players moreso than guitarists. I play both regularly, but get more bass gigs than the other.

I am just recently getting my first bass gigs (as opposed to jamming w/ friends).

Q1:  Where did you username come from? -- It's from my realization that, for guitar, single-coil is where it's at for me tonally -- especially P90s.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? -- USA, San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay).

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? -- Small-venue gigs playing bass w/ cool people in a diverse array of blues, jazz, funk, reggae, folk, balkan, cajun, etc.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? -- I love all of my gear, but my prized possession is my 2001 Gene Baker-original B-1H guitar (which I am about to sell...)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? -- If I have to pick just one, it would have to be "All Blues" by Miles Davis from "Kind Of Blue".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1: Where did you username come from? A very imaginative mix of the Qotsa song 'Regular John' and my name :p

Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Derry/Londonderry(Whichever youd rather call it), N.Ireland.

Q3: What's your main musical ambition? To never stop learning.

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My main electric guitar, the Australian made Maton Mastersound. An absolute workhorse of a guitar.

Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Set Guitars To Kill - And So I Watch You From Afar.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Set Guitars To Kill - And So I Watch You From Afar.

Welcome aboard dude, we're gonna get on just fine I think. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Deijavoo;917213" said:
    Regularjohnny said:

Welcome aboard dude, we're gonna get on just fine I think. :-)
    Cool. Theyre maybe THE best live act ive ever seen. Hands down.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    Hi, new member here. Finally found a good Uk based Guitar forum, and am looking forward to sharing and learning and having some fun :) Q1: Where did you username come from? Have used it for a number of forums now, originally for a golf forum, and trying to get a combination of initials and numbers and eventually came up with a sneaky pun/ riddle type name. Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Wokingham Q3: What's your main musical ambition? Would like to gig; have played a few fun shows with mates but not a proper gig Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My red wine DBZ Bolero custom Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Boys are Back in Town, Thin Lizzy. Just epitomises a good rock guitar song. And I remember being front row at Hammersmith right in front of Lynott and John Sykes on their last ever tour.
  • @sev112 welcome

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's part of an anagram i've used for ages

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? UK, between London and Brighton

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  Keep composing, mostly guitars (electric, steel acoustic & flamenco) with orchestra

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  Tele Standard, Rosewood Neck, Natural. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Brothers in Arms, Dire Straits

• Greetings all, 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A: In the cartoon show 'Futurama' the recipe for the confectionary 'Love Hearts' was shown to have the ingredient which is my user name. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? A: South London, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? A: Keep playing, and enjoying music. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  A: Whatever guitar I am playing at the time.  

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? A: No idea!  

• nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    Evening all!

New to the forum, been playing for about 15 years on and off, it's time to truly dedicate myself to playing and educating myself properly.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It is me :D

Staffordshire, home of the late Lemmy Kilmister

To be truly proficient in guitar.

The one guitar, that through all my purchase and sale history, has stayed with me...my MIM Richie Sambora Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red.

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

- Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? out of the blue

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Dundee

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  never stop learning new riffs

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  SG2100S - 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Rumble

• nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Hi all, just registered but i have been lurking for a while...

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

Well, it;s my name and year of birth

Just outside Worcester

To play in a band.

Probably my Epiphone Explorer - It's not a Gibson but plays lovely, sounds great and was a gift from the Mrs.

Tough one... Master of Puppets, Metallica. 

• DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135

Evening All...

Q1:  I'm the first member of my family born outside of Wales so after too many libations they decided I should have a 'Welsh' name as well as my normal name. They decided on Dai Capp and it's been that way since I was 6...

Q2:  Born in Derby, England

Q3:  Just love playing - mainly guitar but have been known to play piano now and then

Q4:  1966 Fender Mustang

Q5:  Tom Waits - Invitation to the Blues

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? 

From The song Falter by Kevin Salem

Galway, Ireland, originally from the Oxford area

to be as good as I can be

Best Bits   Tyler Burning Water 2K, Bourgeois Custom Slope D, Axe Fx Ultra,

Also 1983 Burny RLG -90 Lp clone, Fender US Tele, Epiphone The Dot

It changes every day

• Hey all, glad to have found a good forum - I have a lot of queries, so please look out for my novice questions regarding amp buzz and pick up routing as they'll inevitable come thick and fast.
    Q1 WHERE DID YOUR USERNAME COME FROM? My name!
    Q2 WHERE IN WORLD/COUNTRY ARE YOU? Just outside Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, but live in Chesham, Bucks!
    Q3 WHAT IS YOUR MAIN MUSICAL AMBITION? I'd love to make it onto X Factor and somehow get through to the final, play some terribly cheesy song after a heartbreaking sob story and just as the judges finally love me i flip Simon Cowell the finger and activate my remote controlled Boss Turbo Distortion and start hacking away at a poorly played Smoke on the Water.
     Q4 YOUR BEST BIT OF GEAR? Although I obsess over my Tele's and Fender amps, its probably my trusty D18
     Q5 YOUR 1 EVER TRACK? Impossible question with an ever changing answer but off the top of my head 'Thirteen Days' by JJ Cale

• mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Wotcher all. New to the forum so thought I'd say hi.

1. Just my name I'm afraid,
    2. I'm in the big smoke (well, the very edge of the SW border of it, so more the small smoke)
    3. To somehow write a song that I'm actually happy with
    4. My never-will-sell gear is my first amp, a 1984 JCM 800 4104 vertical input combo with G12-65s
    5. One song only... completely impossible but I'd probably pick one of the first songs I ever learned 'Sweet Child of Mine' - even though its wearing a bit thin now, I'd feel guilty if I shunned it for the stuff I listened to now (Steven Wilson, Karnivool etc.)
    Cheers all!
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    'Ello. I'm new around here. My real name is Duncan. I'm, er, 46. I play in a couple of covers bands, a mix of electric, acoustic, bass, keyboard and a bit of guitar synth....and a bit of singing. I also do folky fingerpicking, solo and in a duo. Strickly amateur mind. Anyway...... Q1. I've been called this by friends now and then over the years. Everyone so often my inner grumpy Yorkshireman gets out before I can stop him....... Q2. Cricklade in North Wiltshire, UK. In t'country, if you ignore Swindon just south of here. Q3. To carry on having fun playing da music until I die, preferably many years from now. To make a living out of it would be nice too, so I don't have to go back to working for the man. Q4. Difficult, they are all bleedin gorgeous. Probably the Taylor 712ce. Q5. I dunno, why the obsession with bests and favourites? How about, for example, Radiohead's Everything In Its Right Place.... Phew that was tough . . . .
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Hi there, new here today. 1.. Nickname from my girlfriend 2.. Hertfordshire 3..I toured many years ago (25 to be precise as a bass player) would love to get back in a band as a guitarist this time, I'm smitten! 4..my classic player strat...fits like a glove. 5..so many for different moods.....life without you...SRV Cheers