Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    TTony said:

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Well this looks swish!!

1: My jobbing username. I figure if I use that and let everyone know I work for FXpansion Audio UK Ltd, that'll encourage me to perhaps be less of an ass!

2. Lahhhhnndaaahhhhnnn!! Although originally from t'Midlands

3. Hmmm. In a perfect world, TNBD would be able to pay my bills, but that isn't likely, so I'll settle for just playing music I love!

4. Probably my amp. JVM410HJS Satriani version. Those who know me know I have been through a lot of amps. But this really is the one!

5. I couldn't really pick a single track, but for the sake of answering the question, Parabola by Tool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1 I'm called Stoo, I'm a man, I have snakes (5 at the moment)

Q2 East Lankyshire atm

Q3 Changes from day to day, but right now is to get grade 8 classical

Q4 Again, changes but right now my Ibanez artcore jazzer

Q5 errrr, right now, I'm liking Iron Maiden Brighter than a thousand suns
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? A track on Vai's Flex-Able album

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Litherland, Scouseshire.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To keep playing, despite the tendonitis.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Ibanez JS1000

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Watermelon in Easter Hay - FZ

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Hi peeps.  Loged in early this morning them unfortunately the drugs (pain killers for a flare up of sciatica) kicked in and I fell asleep. So feeling a little late to the party.  And what a swell party it is.
    Real names  Richard,  aged 46.

Its my xbox username and came from a  long list of Microsoft suggested names when I first created my xbox live account.  Its unique and easy to remember so I use it in various places

Born and brought up in East Yorks but moved south for work and lurve 20 years ago.  Lived in Worthing, Truro and now Poole in Dorset where i have been for the past 15 years.  I Work for a charity and several of the jobs were fixed term or insecure funding.  The one at Poole seems to be a keeper.

To be good enough to enjoy the noise i make.  I have been in a couple of bands and learnt more playing with other than on my own but nothing for a long time.  Would be nice to play again but the people I have met have either been too ambitious or far too talented for me to feel comfortable.  I just want to have a bit of fun

70s fender strat reissue.  Bought from Hartnols a few yeas ago.  It came sublimely set up and plays like a dream.

Almost impossible to answer.  I love Marillion so currently id have to say The Sky Above the Rain

• Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Watermelon in Easter Hay - FZ

Great choice :D
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited August 2013

Hi one and all.

Props & Kudos to our new non MR overlords for making a shiny and I am sure a lovely new home. Looking forward to it becoming a valuable resource and of course much silliness.

I have been a GAS fiend since the late 70's and 80's and have been playing since age 14 but graduated to having 6 strings mostly all the time on my guitar a bit later (16). Now aged 49 and glad to report I have 6 strings on my guitars nearly always.

Been gigging on and off seriously since the early 80's with the usual community centre gigs prior to this.

My first name and a contraction of my surname so John Urquhart and hence Johnnyurq, Used it online from several years back and cannot be arsed to change it.

Inverness in the not so sunny Highlands of Scotland.

To get back gigging after having to pack it in due to bad health and being my wife's carer plus to get back to writing original material like back in the 80's and 90's.

Going from 40 to 50 gigs per year to none is very shitty and no fun.

As per the piccie top left my 1971/72 Les Paul Recording which I have owned for eons which feels like a favourite pair of shoes and is home for me.

Also this side of modelling shizzle it has the most flexible tone palette of any of the many guitars I have owned, especially when I fit a spare Roland GK3 to it on occasion.

Like most folks it changes from time to time but Down in the Sewer by The Stranglers is an all time favourite. Huge Stranglers fan me.

Honourable mention for Floyd, Marillion/Fish too.

• TTony said:

I released  solo guitar CD in 2002 titled "Dulcet Tones"(under my real name Jim Graham), a chain store clerk entered the data into the store system and titled it "Dulcet Jones".

Canada, the East end of lake Ontario.

Writing and recording music that sells.

Takemine Electric Classical Guitar (ES 132 I think)

"New Dawn Fades" - Joy Division

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2013
    Hello there. My name is Connor, I'm 18 and have just left school.

Q1: Contracted form of my old MusicRadar name. I'm a big fan of Buckethead. Call me by my actual name if you want.

Q2: I'm in Buckinghamshire, in a pleasant, conveniently-placed but dull town called Amersham. Easy to get to London though.

Q3: UItimate ambition is to be able to live off playing and making music. Impossibly unrealistic but I'll give it my best shot.

Q4: My favourite guitar is either my Gibson V, Jackson Soloist or Squier Jazzmaster. Favourite pedal is my Rainger Son of Freakenstein fuzz or my Way Huge Green Rhino overdrive.

Q5: Oh Jesus, that's hard... probably something by Devin Townsend. Either "Deadhead" or "Funeral".
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited August 2013
    Q1 - The name of my last but one band. The word was originally a typo for "lizard". Real name is Michael.

Q2 - I'm Irish, but live in Wolviston, Teesside.

Q3 - To write enough songs called "Something Wrong" to make an album. I've got 5 or 6 at the moment. That's all I've got left; I mean, I've already been onstage with Chuck Berry.

Q4 - Gibson J-45

Q5 - "You Got The Silver", the Rolling Stones.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I made it up when I was 15/16, use it all over the internet because there are no other holnrews, and if there ever is one, I highly doubt their originality.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Gateshead at the moment, North East for the foreseeable. I hail from Somerset though.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Acoustic covers of non-acoustic songs.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I only have one guitar, a tanglewood spruce top with action on the high side.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Tastes change daily, can't narrow it down.

My V key is broken
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    Don't worry guys I have arrived!

It's a character from a previous band's logo.

Southampton

To write music that I would want to listen to, even if it wasn't mine.

Reaper

Tool-Lateralus (this week at least)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • LorneLorne Frets: 3

Hi, I'm Lorne, very nearly 45 and happily married with 4 kids, a cat, a pond, and tons of fish tanks

Q1: It's my name, I have no imagination

Q2: Plymouth, Devon

Q3: To stop the kids from bashing the basses

Q4: The 1978 USA B.C.Rich Mockingbird bass that Phil Lynott used in the Thin Lizzy "Do What You Want To" Video

Q5: I don't believe in love by Queensryche

Basses - USA BC Rich, Euro Spector, Yamaha and Kramer

Guitars - USA BC Rich and Shadow

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660

Hello everyone, another refugee from that other forum.

Q1 My user name is an anagram of my MR user name.

Q2 I am in Gloucester

Q3 I have absolutely no musical ambition, gone way past that stage.

Q4 Best bit of gear? Possibly my Matchless DC30 but that will soon be going up for sale, so I will say me Telecaster.

Q5 #1 track? Impossible to choose  as my tastes constantly shift..

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited August 2013
    SidNewton said:

Q1 My user name is an anagram of my MR user name.

Stonewind? :)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    Gloucester ?    thats just oop the road
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • My name is Doug, I'm 53 and  the user name is a shameless plug for my PA hire company. When not behind the desk you will find me either in front of it playing electric acoustic and singing or drinking cider

I Live in Somerset

Musical ambition-nah!

Most precious instrument is my Fylde Orsino bought in memory of my Grandmother with her initials on the 12th Fret

Favouurite track the Load Out Jackson Browne
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • birdobirdo Frets: 24
    Hello all. User name is an nickname I ve had since primary school. ( use to be skoylie on MR forum) birdo is normally taken. I m in norfolk about 10 miles from Norwich My main aim at the moment is acoustic finger style. Although I suck at it. Don't really have a stand out piece of gear at the moment . In fact I m selling everything off to fund a nice acoustic Man of the world , fleet wood mac.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5833

Hi, I'm Jon, 41 and Forum-Dizzy.

Q1 The name is just a pun of "Telecaster" and not the 3D Body sculpting procedure (like in my forum photo).

Q2 I'm from Sheffield "OOP North"

Q3 Musical Ambition, Hmmmm...Activity wise, at my age now I'd be glad to get established in a good Covers/Function Band. Ability wise I look forward to when I can improvise fluently over ANY Chord Progression.

Q4 My Bogner Rig(The whole thing has to count as 1 item). Goldfinger 45 Head and Goldfinger 2x12 Closed Back Cab (1xG12H-30 and 1x G12M-25)

Q5 Can't narrow it down to 1 track, there are just toooooooo many. I can tell you one tune I have never ever tired of is Isaac Hayes "Theme From Shaft". If one tune ever made you want to pick up a guitar, it's that one.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26742
    edited August 2013
    My turn!

I'm stickyfiddle... Which almost rhymes with my name, if you call me Mickey rather than Mike and you're 17 and have a dirty mind... Anyway, it's never taken on any internet form I've ever tried, so it stuck.

I grew up in Norfolk, currently live in Abu Dhabi, but my heart belongs to Oxford.

In terms of musical ambition, it was to get signed and do all that shit but that never happened and industry seems to have gone to shit so I don't really mind. I'd love to build/fix/sell guitars for a living but not sure if that'll happen either. Learning to play bass and build amps is next on the immediate to-do list in any case.

Best piece of gear is my Gibson CS-336, though the Paisley Tele has equal billing in the save-from-fire stakes. Not sure I could ever really pick between them.

Favourite song, today at least, is Thunder Road by Springsteen. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    1/ stonevibe = My surname plus my favourite effect pedal

2/ I'm a Londoner (Norf) living in Exeter 

3/ None, just like playing, live or in the studio.

4/ Best bit of gear? 1970 Jazzmaster

5/ My favourite piece of music Theme From Ernest Borgnine by Squarepusher.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway