Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Hello good people - I really like the sound of the vibe here so I'm happy to stick my oar in:

Q1. My other love, namely cycling - the '93 SuperVee is my classic Cannondale mountain bike
    Q2. Originally from Ystradgynlais, South Wales but for many years residing in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, home town of Chas Chandler who brought James Marshall Hendrix to the attention of the world (thanks Chas)
    Q3. To catch up with my son, who left me in the dust by the age of fourteen
    Q4. 1991 USA Standard Strat - nothing special on paper, but so many people have played it and said "That's a bit good..." or words to that effect.
    Q5. Too many of the mainstream, so I'll go left field - The Carpenters "Goodbye to Love", Tony Peluso's (I think) fuzz solos are just a lovely memory of being a kid and finding out how much I loved the sound of the electric guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigKevBigKev Frets: 10
    Hi,

You mention Chas Chandler, also managed Slade don't forget !!!
  • Hello all,

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name is Patrick Kuster. I retired from the Louisville Fire Department. My nickname to most was little ku. One of the variations is lilkuku...

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Louisville Kentucky...home of the Derby and great bourbon!

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Play in the blues jams around town. Love doing it. Get up and play with some real professional musicians. No band drama!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I had a Fender Superchamp...great great great little amp

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? ACDC's Let There Be Rock

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? I play a 1984 Fender 'Master Series' Flame guitar. Bought it with my first month's 'real pay'. The second month's pay bought an engagement ring. Now married for over 20 years.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Mid Sussex in the UK. The bit just under London before you get to the sea.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To write and record a bit more and to help the youngsters coming up behind me.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My 2005 Taylor 324ce all Koa fall ltd edition.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Probably Led Zep's Rain Song. Wish I could construct something that beautiful.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    pmbomb said:

Q5:  Your #1 ever track 

Changes every day. Force me to choose? Stargazer from Rainbow Rising.

Can I change this to Drive By Truckers, Never Gonna Change?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:

Q5:  Your #1 ever track 

Changes every day. Force me to choose? Stargazer from Rainbow Rising.

Can I change this to Drive By Truckers, Never Gonna Change?
    Nope. Too late now ;)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    bugger.
  • Hello, my name is Alasdair. I met some guys from the Forum at this year's Guitar Show in Birmingham and decided to sign up. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Q1:  It's my name!

Q2:  Kempsey in Worcestershire

Q3:  To be good enough at guitar to actually do some performances.

Q4:  My American Fender Telecaster double Humbucker.

Q5:  Metallica - Blackened (sounds awful but so much attitude!)

| davisamplification.com | furyofficial.com | My favourite guitar is my American Standard HH Telecaster in whitish |
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CostelloCostello Frets: 44

Hi everyone, I've been reading the board since it started (and the Music Radar forum before that). Learned a lot but never felt I had anything to contribute. Figured it was about time I had a go at joining in. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My little tribute to the late, great Sean Costello - my favourite blues guitarist. I am not a massive blues guy, but there's no denying he was special. Don't know him? This is a decent place to start: 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Currently Southsea, Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK. 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Right now, to start writing songs again. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My 1977 Les Paul Custom. Lovely and worn. Retrofitted with P90s (apparently at the Gibson factory). Sounds wonderful, plays like a dream (re-fretted!) but damn it's heavy. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Today I'm going with Roses In The Hospital by Manic Street Preachers. Here ya go: 

•  1) My username is fairly obvious really- love Fenders , mainly Strat`s which I have 4 of varying ages and p/up arrangements ( some home-built ).

2)  Wolverhampton , The Black Country UK. . Not the big joke that too many "comics" get an easy laugh out of.

3) To keep on playing and learning for as long as I can.

4)  My 89 Strat Standard Deluxe ( not the Plus of the same vintage ). This has no locking nut or m/c heads but does have Gold Lace Sensors and a TBX tone control ( 2nd tone control ). Only 400 built apparently ( from a reliable source - honest ! ).
         5) The Thrill is Gone , BB King. Just the most beautiful and melancholy blues song ever written - add BB`s playing and singing to that .......
  • harwood_rocksharwood_rocks Frets: 1
    edited March 2017

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - Easy really, it's my surname and I rock

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Derby.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To be half as good as Mr Bonamassa....one day.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - I love my Line 6 Helix and I also love my Dual Rectifier and I also love my PRS CU24 Floyd, and I also love my Les Paul... I can't choose!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - I can't choose just one! Currently it is 'Mountain Climbing' - Joe Bonamassa

Luke Harwood | Patriot Rebel | Path To Prevail |
    | Proudly Supported by: D'addario Strings and Planet Waves, Warman Guitars, Line 6 & Matrix Amplification |
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    edited March 2017
    Hi all,

Been lurking here for quite a while and finally decided to register. I really appreciate the friendly, close-knit atmosphere of this place!

Q1: Where did your username come from? - A former girlfriend came up with the moniker and everybody calls me Mickey anyway.

Q2 : Where in the world/country are you? - Small town close to Cologne/ Germany.

Q3 : What's your main musical ambition? - I'm old, so I guess the main ambition at this stage is to just be able to keep playing for as long as possible. Maybe still manage to learn a few new tricks along the way.

Q4 : Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - That would be my handmade Lakewood A 36 steelstring acoustic I got in memory of a deceased friend.

Q5 : Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Phew!  After consciously listening to a LOT of music for some 45 years, that's a difficult one! "Fat Old Sun" by David Gilmour could be a contender - I've had that on my playlist since 1973 or so and I still enjoy it very much. So many memories tied up with that song. And DG's guitar work on that on the recent live records is textbook material for tasteful & passionate guitar work.
  • SonicScytheSonicScythe Frets: 59
    edited April 2017
  • simontdosimontdo Frets: 6
    Hi everyone,

I love an online survey...

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

Simon, because that's my name and TDO is the first 3 letters on my car number plate.

Bournemouth

To play chords without a 30 second gap between them (Bass player)

1978 Fender precision. Weighs a ton, sounds epic

Princess of the Streets - The Strangers - the first song I realised wasn't 4/4

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KAnksKAnks Frets: 0

My actual name

Bolton

to learn how to actually play

my soldering iron

I honestly cant answer this sorrry
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

It's one I use across several forums (fori/fora?) but it's an incredibly complicated portmanteau of the year I was born and part of my name. Ok it's not that complicated. 

I'm in the north but not as far north that I'm over the wall where I was born, moved south for the better weather and absolutely had nothing to do with my wife who is a Lancastrian of of Bradford. 

My main musical ambition? I'm not sure if enjoying playing the guitar qualifies as an ambition. I started playing when I was 15 or 16 played for a bit went to uni didn't play got married still didn't play got divorced started playing again didn't really get any better as I wasn't really playing enough. Fell in love moved south got married had a tiddler. Still didn't play then one day I thought hell I want to start playing again my wife arranged for a family chip in and bought me my guitar and here I am. I'm determined to get better though. 

Well my guitar I suppose an Epiphone Les Paul Studio without which I wouldn't be able to play at all. Or maybe my jazz III pick. Or maybe my soul food.  

Ok where do I start with #1 ever track? To May choices.  Possibly Johnny Cash ain't no grave or his version of Hurt. Maybe the stones paint it black. No Simon and Garfunkel's sound of silence. Possibly.  

• Ogami-ZOgami-Z Frets: 6

I'm a big fan of the Lone Wolf & Cub Samurai Films

I'm in Newry Northern Ireland

I like to write music in many musical genres, from film score to Electronic but my main influence is Metal of various sub genres

EVH 5150 III 50watt

Master of Puppets

• JigsterJigster Frets: 2
    Hi all, beaming in from Coventry. I am a miscreant who veers between gigging bass, and jamming guitar. Deal with it  =)

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

My cat is called Jiggy. (The kids chose his name not me)

Coventry, West Midlands

To hold down the groove.

1963 Fender P bass....used to own a beautiful natural 1987 Gibson 335 - but of course, I sold it.

Always changing. Currently, 'Live Good' by Burning Spear.

Cheers!

• AndyBellAndyBell Frets: 1

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  Boring but its my first and last names shortened

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Leeds, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Information Required!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Marshall 6101LM

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Show me how to live....Audioslave

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? One of my guitars.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? West Midlands.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play as well as I think I can!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My JTM45

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Currently Dirty Work - Steely dan