And the award for best looking LP case goes to...

What's Hot
Warwick!

Christ knows if it protects the guitar well enough but aesthetically they have won...
Previously known as stevebrum
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Some of their cases are like paper, and some protect very well but weigh a ton. The case my Thumb came in is so heavy you can't actually tell if the bass is in it or not, and the bass itself is no lightweight.

But I agree - that thing looks the biz, no matter what! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited September 2014
    Worst looking you mean

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thats exactly what it thought it looked like ^^ (Aliens)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I didn't make that association but then again I'm not a geeky sc-fi type ;)

It just looked different/modern and a bit of thought into the design...
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    edited September 2014
    Iamnobody said:
    I didn't make that association but then again I'm not a geeky sc-fi type ;)
    You say that like it's a good thing! :p I'd argue that Alien/Geiger has crossed over to pop-culture now anyway.
  • I'd argue that I don't know what Alien/Geiger is and can't be arsed to google it to find out!

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    PRS have started doing paisley cases. I don't care if they protect or not, I want one.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • I don't know why you'd spend that much money and not get a Hiscox?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Can't say I like it.
  • Me neither, rather ugly IMO.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • I don't know why you'd spend that much money and not get a Hiscox?
    or SKB

either way I'd rather know my super fragile headstock is well protected. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    edited September 2014
    I'm not buying one. If I was spending that sort of cash I'd probably go for the SKB myself aswell.

But how do we know this Warwick case doesn't support the headstock of an LP?

Incidentally I did buy one of these today:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomanneguitarcase_lpstyle.htm

Supposedly made by Warwick. I can't confirm that - just something a google search picked up.

Mainly to store round the house so I'm not too fussed. If it was going out and about regularly I would have gone for the SKB...

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Best looking LP case was the Gibson LP voodoo one, cool as.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited September 2014
    If Giger drew a cock it would look like this case.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    I'd argue that I don't know what Alien/Geiger is and can't be arsed to google it to find out!

How? :O
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited September 2014
    Sorry OP but I don't like it.
    Even if I did, there are more important considerations when buying a Les Paul case. I appreciate that some of you may be using the term Les Paul to describe guitars not made by Gibson (Huh? Surely not....), but ignoring that for a moment, consider this:

Gibson LP neck angles are all over the place!

I am sure that you have all seen Pre-Historics and 2013/2014 Historic Les Pauls with the bridge so far off the deck.......it is making you feel nervous. Or dizzy.  I guess that is why there is plenty of room in the design of the factory supplied  case, and the design of the arch! Here is a tip for you. If you have such a guitar - don't buy a type 2 Chainsaw case. They are fantastic cases but the desirability drops just a tad when you cannot close the lid.  :-S
    But they are great for 50's Les Pauls ('Burst owners snap them up) or any Les Paul with a shallow neck angle. Which includes some Historics.

If I were buying a case today for a Gibson Les Paul (especially a high end case) I would be looking at the padding under the archtop to see how it would cope with these "minor variances in factory tolerance". Lol. Or take the guitar with me.
    Other things mentioned on the thread still apply.... ie space under the headstock.

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Bucket said:
    PRS have started doing paisley cases. I don't care if they protect or not, I want one.
    Do you like this? (coming soon. FSR Princeton......)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Skipped;344244" said:
    Bucket said:

Do you like this? (coming soon. FSR Princeton......)
    Wow issued. I want one...

• All fair comments re. protection being paramount. I understand that and made reference to the looks only.

• guitargeek62;344217" said:
    Iamnobody said:

I'd argue that I don't know what Alien/Geiger is and can't be arsed to google it to find out!

How? :O
    Is it Alien as in the film? I've heard of it but not seen it. No idea about Grieger!

Sorry...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom