400W monster popped up on eBay

Comments

• I really like the Nexus line, although as with any all-valve bass amp my back doesn't; on a par with the Marshall VBA400 to my ears, when I am playing arenas and have roadies I shall take one of each ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavage said:
    I really like the Nexus line, although as with any all-valve bass amp my back doesn't; on a par with the Marshall VBA400 to my ears, when I am playing arenas and have roadies I shall take one of each ;) 
    ...and your sound guy will just tell you to turn it down 'cos he's taken the DI feed and doesn't care what's happening with your amp as long as it's quiet ;)
    <space for hire>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I hope it's perfectly reliable, because it looks absolutely horrendous to work on.

…. and I really wouldn't count on it being reliable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• 400W valves.

Blimey. My 265W Mesa bass head is loud enough for the Enormodome on its own. So I hate to think how loud the Laney is.
  • ICBM;344468" said:
    I hope it's perfectly reliable, because it looks absolutely horrendous to work on.

…. and I really wouldn't count on it being reliable.
    Oh dear.

But, I mean, it would be well loud right before it blew up.
  • It should be ok...ampstack is a pretty good guy and fixes the amps before selling...he has a good rep among doom folk.

I can only imagine a guitar tuned down to A with a fuzz pedal...that would be monumental...a few neighbouring monuments may also crumble in the process!