Pairing a Fullerton body with a John Mayer Strat neck?

What's Hot
I've seen an 87 'Fullerton' strat body for sale which has grabbed my attention which I've got in mind to marry with the neck and hardware from my John Mayer signature. From what I can tell the Mayer is based on the American vintage series and shares the same hardware. Does anyone know if the Fullerton body will pair up without any alterations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• As a second question any idea on the going rate for a re-fin 87 Fullerton body?
  • Nobody?  :(
  • It should be fine :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Thanks for the input stickyfiddle
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Would that be the Surf Green one that's up on T'Ebay ?
  • Indeed, although price wise I'm not sure. Think it's going to be out of reach sadly :(
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Is it the 'Fullerton-ness' of it that appeals particularly or just the Surf Green paint job I only ask because if it's the latter I'm sure that you could get @GSPBasses of this here parish to knock you up a Strat body that would easily be the equal if not better of that Fullerton one and then get it off to @lamf68 also of these parts who would do and absolutely blinding job of doing a nitro Surf Green finish on it with ageing to your liking, and I reckon the total spend would be significantly less than the price that one on ebay is hoping for
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the info DrBob, I've always wanted an accurate colour surf green strat. I love my JM strat in terms of playability but the poly sunburst just doesn't grab me like a Surf Green (rosewood board) vintage strat does. Half tempted at some point down the line to strip it and spray by hand. I like the idea of the relic'ed look but I'd happily put my own dings in it!