SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Southampton area beginner/intermediate jam?

What's Hot
Hi, just wondering in theres anyone down this way who would like to get together for a jam?
I'm 39, very intermediate! Been messing around for a couple of years and having lessons for about 9 months so I can make a noise but still have a long way to go until I'm gig standard, but I 'm getting bored just playing to myself and my teacher says I'll improve loads quicker if I can start playing with other people. So, anyone up for it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Forgot to add I'm mainly into metal, Maiden Metallica etc but also a lover of classic rock, blues and a bit of country thrown in
  • Not specifically metal-based - but if you're into Blues jamming - then a mate of mine Stan runs a couple of jams in area.  Check out his site:

http://www.stansbluesjam.co.uk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, looks like fun!
  • Agree with @Gulliver. Highly recommend Stan's (and his good lady wife, Helen) blues jams. Everyone's made to feel welcome and is given a slot regardless of age or ability. Always a good evening and you can learn a lot from others too!
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
  • Guitarse said:
    Agree with @Gulliver. Highly recommend Stan's (and his good lady wife, Helen) blues jams. Everyone's made to feel welcome and is given a slot regardless of age or ability. Always a good evening and you can learn a lot from others too!
    They do turn the guitar amp down if you're not as good as Stan, though....  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDavies said:
    Guitarse said:
    Agree with @Gulliver. Highly recommend Stan's (and his good lady wife, Helen) blues jams. Everyone's made to feel welcome and is given a slot regardless of age or ability. Always a good evening and you can learn a lot from others too!
    They do turn the guitar amp down if you're not as good as Stan, though....  ;)
    Me and my friend Dan went to one of Stan's jams a few years back, and our 'party-piece' was to do harmonised sweeps to All Along The Watchtower.   It didn't go down too well with the blues purists!!!

Me and Dan were pissing ourselves...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulhpaulh Frets: 0
    Just going to give this one bump. Looks like Stans jams have stopped in my area :-(
  • I think you'll find that they continue - check the site! THE SITE

The next one in Southampton is at Marshals in London Road on Wednesday 18th March. Two more running in the Christchurch and Hurn areas plus Stan's Blues Jamboree at Swanage Blues Festival was last weekend.

Oh, by the way - nearly everyone is better than Stan and the amps are only turned down if they get too loud!
  • paulhpaulh Frets: 0
    Cheers, didn't notice it there. Last time I went there it wasn't called Marshals, at least thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    If you pull together some like minded people I'd be up for jamming on drums if you fancy it, don't really have time right now to commit to anything regular though. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ