Squier telecaster samick factory any good

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
im looking at trading a blues junior for a squier telecaster ..its silver logo and from the samick factory 1989...anybody know if these are any good and what the quality is like ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 191
    edited September 2014
    I had one as my first "proper" guitar in1989. It knocked the spots off a mate's Marlin super Strat although that is rather damning with faint praise. The pickups were microphonic at moderate volume and was strung through the back of the bridge. I also seem to remember a plywood body but I'm not 100% sure on that. The neck was okay as I recall but had a really thick poly coating on it.

It was an okay guitar as far as I remember, but I traded it away 20 years ago and don't miss it. I have a JV Strat that I bought while I still had the tele and that is a much much better guitar.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I hope there is a fair bit of cash your way in the trade.  Decent, solid guitar but newer ones are better.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    edited September 2014
    Richardj;346173" said:
    I hope there is a fair bit of cash your way in the trade.  Decent, solid guitar but newer ones are better.
    No I was just thinking straight trade cos it needs a new reverb fitted costs about £25 I think... maybe I shouldnt though..?
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Sorry, IMHO a Blues Junior, even if it needs a new reverb tank, should be worth at least double (or certainly a significant amount more than) a Squier Tele,
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    Richardj;346514" said:
    Sorry, IMHO a Blues Junior, even if it needs a new reverb tank, should be worth at least double (or certainly a significant amount more than) a Squier Tele,
    Thanks ...I think your right really :)