Value of old NOS valves...

What's Hot
NeilNeil Frets: 3620
edited September 2014 in Guitar
I know I have tested your patience and I thank the members who kindly replied to my original post but...

any ideas on the value of the 12AX7A and EZ80 so I could post them on the classifieds?

They are unused Mullards in the original boxes.

I don't have any valve amps so no use to me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Stick em on ebay and see how much they go for. That'll be what they're currently worth ;)
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    juansolo said:
    Stick em on ebay and see how much they go for. That'll be what they're currently worth ;)
    Never mind. 
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    check completed ebay listings and see what they went for?
    edited September 2014
    If you want to buy/sell NOS valves, that's the place to do it. If you want to know what they sell for, click on completed listings and see what they've sold for. I'm not trying to piss on your chips fella, it's just what I do when I want NOS stuff. I wouldn't bother trying to sell them on here as the market is too small so you'll end up letting them go for peanuts. There are lots of valve traders on eBay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2014
    FWIW (just had a look for you) none for sale here, there's a pair in Taiwan I wouldn't trust. Otherwise you're looking at about £25 for a 12AX7A. EZ80, £4, plenty up and some didn't even sell at that.

I have many issues with eBay, but for some things it's very useful.
    edited September 2014
    Scratch that, loads of 12ax7 up ;) (I put in the 12ax7a initially). Interesting variations on prices. Looking at completed listings you're looking at £10 to £60 for ones that have actually sold...
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    MattG said:
    check completed ebay listings and see what they went for?
    That's what I usually do, seems to work well to get an idea of a fair price.

Ebay can be a superb place for selling valves - I was a little shocked at how much a pair of old GEC KT77's I sold went for in the end.  Had to post them to Hong Kong, but for the money, I'd have posted them to Mars. :D
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I bought several used ECC83/12AX7 types for around £10 to £12 a while back on Ebay.  One or two were worn out, but most were good. 

New in box ones fetch a lot more, but you have to have a decent reputation/feedback to get full value for them on Ebay.  There are fakes out there, and there are a lot of used valves being sold as new.  People are reluctant to pay full value unless it is from someone who trades valves regularly, and has good feedback.

You would also be able to get more if you can get access to a valve tester and test them, and advertise them as tested good.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Chaps.

I'll keep the 12AX7 in case I ever get a valve amp. 
    ;)

The rest will no doubt go back to the garage until I am at a loose end.