Slow Down Software?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I like Amazing Slow Downer personally.
    Loads of features and I especially like how you can loop a phrase and have the playback speed increase by user defined increments each time it loops. Also lets you assign markers and save them in playlists so you don't have to trawl your music to find that solo or riff or whatever you're trying to find.

I use this too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    noisepolluter said:
    I like Amazing Slow Downer personally.
    Loads of features and I especially like how you can loop a phrase and have the playback speed increase by user defined increments each time it loops. Also lets you assign markers and save them in playlists so you don't have to trawl your music to find that solo or riff or whatever you're trying to find.

I use this too. 
    Its also very easy to send saved loop presets to other band members if they're using the same programme to learn the song.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1631

You can download Blackstar's Insider software and I am pretty sure use the backing track player without an amp "dongle".

Dave.

• I have both Amazing Slow Downer and Transcribe.  Amazing Slow Downer is my favourite for transcribing as it has the ability to freeze certain notes.  On ASD you can also change the tuning of the track by cents and semitones.  Most of the pro-transcriber people tend to use Transcribe though...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited November 2014
     it has the ability to freeze certain notes.  On ASD you can also change the tuning of the track by cents and semitones.  Most of the pro-transcriber people tend to use Transcribe though...
    Transcribe freezes too -- just press J, K, or L at the point you want to hold.
    And Transcribe can alter the tuning of the track by cents and semitones -- it's all in the Audio Effects window (tuning tab). 
    The AE window is really, really useful and if by any chance you've not found it yet you're only getting half the program.  This is where you can store your looped sections of a track and come back to them at any time, and a ton of other stuff.
  • Grunfeld said:
     it has the ability to freeze certain notes.  On ASD you can also change the tuning of the track by cents and semitones.  Most of the pro-transcriber people tend to use Transcribe though...
    Transcribe freezes too -- just press J, K, or L at the point you want to hold.
    And Transcribe can alter the tuning of the track by cents and semitones -- it's all in the Audio Effects window (tuning tab). 
    The AE window is really, really useful and if by any chance you've not found it yet you're only getting half the program.  This is where you can store your looped sections of a track and come back to them at any time, and a ton of other stuff.
    In Transcribe the freeze sounds different than the freeze in ASD.   It's like in Transcribe it just loops a few milliseconds but in ASD it actually does freeze that part....  Hard to explain.

IMind you, I do remember asking Adrian Clarke which one he uses and he said Transcribe so it's probably the best one.   
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    ....freeze that part....  Hard to explain.

Is it the "hold" button?  I had the demo of ASD but probably didn't get into it enough cos I was already fluent with Transcribe, but I remember ASD had a button which sounded, to my ears anyway, like it was looping.  Might not have been though!
  • Grunfeld said:
    ....freeze that part....  Hard to explain.

Is it the "hold" button?  I had the demo of ASD but probably didn't get into it enough cos I was already fluent with Transcribe, but I remember ASD had a button which sounded, to my ears anyway, like it was looping.  Might not have been though!
    Yeah, the hold button on ASD is that I meant! 
  • Used ASD for a while and it is great and I still use it, but a while back was introduced to Anytune Pro+ which I now use most of the time, mainly because it is easier to drag loop point with your finger and actually see the wave form. Still need a lot of transcribing practice!
  • MickMick Frets: 98

If you have an iPod or iPhone running iOS5.0 or later, the there's a free app from Yamaha called THR Session which you can download from the  app store.  No idea if it's any good, only just started playing around with it.

Features

Cancellation

Mute the guitar and/or Bass sound from the songs in your iOS device library.

Preset
    3 presets (Guitar High Mode / Guitar Low Mode / Bass Mode) to help you quickly find the instrument you want to cancel.
    Key Transpose

Changes pitch of songs(± one whole step)
    Extraction

Isolate the guitar and/or bass parts to help you learn songs by ear.
    A-B Repeat

Repeatedly plays a selected segment of a song.
    Slow Down

Changes tempo of songs with no effect on the pitch(50-100%
  • BlazeHelmBlazeHelm Frets: 20
    +1 for Transcribe, excellent piece of software, very clear and the essential ability to save highlighted sections of songs. Also worth remembering is that Amplitube will do this, but it's a lot more fiddly
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    I find Norton Antivirus slows down most of my software. ;)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom