EHX Small Clone vs Nano Clone

powerhandpowerhand Frets: 198

Hi,

I've heard a lot of people comment on the Small Clone vs the Nano Clone, but most of them haven't had any first hand experience of them both. I just wondered if anyone had sufficient experience of both to lend an opinion of the relative pros and cons of them.

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• As far as I know, the main difference is that the Nano Clone sounds like crap and the Small Clone does not. Or did you mean the Neo Clone? Confusingly similar names. I think that sounds like the Small Clone, but could be wrong
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I've had both - the small clone is definately better than the nano which had a lot of background noise.
    Not tried the neo clone though which is supposed to be quieter.
  • I have a neo for sale if you fancy giving it a go?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • powerhandpowerhand Frets: 198
    edited September 2014
    That's interesting. I was under the misconception that the nano was the same circuitry as the small, but just in a smaller box. I've got a small clone already, but was just wondering if I could free up some space by getting the smaller 'version' of the same thing...probably won't now.
  • I have a neo for sale if you fancy giving it a go?
    How much are you asking for it and is it in good nick?