When does this Challenge end?

What's Hot
When does this Challenge end? If I'd know it would be around so long I'd have joined in!

Paul
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    To be fair, I'd say when the "original" entrants have finished, or tomorrow (whichever comes first).

:D

I might just re-title this section of the forum as "kit builds" or something similar, and then encourage everyone who does something similar to post their experiences here, and built it into a sort of how-to help resource.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    That not a bad plan, Tony......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Great idea @TTony!

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Don't wait for me - life took over - I'll post it all much later (when it's done!)

Further to my last, I like the idea of a Kit Build section, but I also like the challenge aspect, unfortunately entrants seem to have fallen by the wayside on this one......

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    paulnb57 said:
    Further to my last, I like the idea of a Kit Build section, but I also like the challenge aspect, unfortunately entrants seem to have fallen by the wayside on this one......
    That generally happens.  We've done other challenges through the years (the old "Clarksonesque" challenges on MR), and that's the usual experience!

The challenge is more about who can maintain the enthusiasm - and the time - to finish something.  It looks simple from the outside, but once you get into the detail of doing it properly, the hours mount up quickly, and most of us have got other pressures on our time.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    TTony said:
    I might just re-title this section of the forum as "kit builds" or something similar, and then encourage everyone who does something similar to post their experiences here, and built it into a sort of how-to help resource.
    Could just make it a section for build diaries - a project per thread, kind of thing. (Needn't necessarily be limited to kits, or guitars, come to that.)

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    doesn't that duplicate the making and modding section, and just hide it from a lot of the members by makign it a sub sub forum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    Agreed.  IMO leave this as is, it will become an archive of sorts, I guess.  And come new year let's think about doing it again.
    Good plan!