My bands latest track - feedback wanted please!

simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
edited September 2014 in Studio & Recording
Recorded at a friends house a coupes of weekends ago. Wouldn't mind some feedback! https://excellentadventure.bandcamp.com/track/long-river Cheers guys :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Like it! 
    Great rhythm playing too, catchy. 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6099
    Wish I had better headphone cos that sounds great. Tight as a gnat's chuff with some excellent rhythm guitar. Your drummer's monster too!  The weakest thing is the backing vocals, but the track as a whole is excellent  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297

I'd be interested in hearing this

a.) slowed down a little bit

b.) less frantic drumming, (especially if it's slowed down)

c.) less shouting vocals

Be interested in hearing what the track sounded like. I like the song, but I struggle with that style of music. I feel the drumming is forced to be frantic rather than it suits the frantic style.

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    That's great! The singing was ace but I absolutely loved that middle section!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Cheers guys, all much appreciated.

@darcym I appreciate what you're saying, the style of music isn't for everyone, it's all about the energy, played it for the first time at a local festival this weekend and it went down a treat.

This style of music also, when played live, is highly dependant on a decent sound guy, clarity is key otherwise it can sound like a big mess!

Really appreciate all the comments though, keep em comin