SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Looking for a sub £200 valve amp combo

Looks like I may have sold my Superchamp so I'm looking for an combo for in the house below £200, no Blackstar though thanks

Cheers!
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4181
    edited September 2014
    Look for a s/h Belcat20r or the Sub Zero 20r, all valve 22w combo Celestion speaker ;)

You should get a s/h one   for £200
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Look into the Blackheart Handsome Devil.  They can now be had on eBay for silly money, like this one

They're built to an incredible standard.  Really thick top quality PCB, excellent componts, and designed with modding in mind. There is a huge variety of kits available to tweak the tone.  It's plexi as standard, but you can go tweed, or modern marshall - plus more.  It's easy to add tripple rectifier options, and reverb too.

It's got a fab tone, REALLY nice!, much bigger and beefier than the small cab would have you believe. 

I bought mine lightly used, for £200, so this one for sale for £140 is an absolute bargain.

Marlin
  • I have a Bugera V22 that I can do for under £200, it's in this thread here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/19828/fs-bugera-vintage-22#latest

Absolutely perfect for a bedroom amp!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    Cheers guys, I've had both the Handsome Devil and the Bugera before, really liked both of them, Ive often thought about getting them again. hmm......
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • frankieMARTfrankieMART Frets: 39
    edited September 2014
    The Bugera's are discontinued now, just saying... ;)
  • The Blackhearts were discontinued years ago.  Future collectables!!

• I have a RAT modded Blackheart BH-5 HEAD (I know you said combo). Switchable Output valves EL84 vs 6L6 (or 6v6), switchable silicon/valve rectifier, and power scaling.

Any Interest?
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • PFAllen2 said:
    I have a RAT modded Blackheart BH-5 HEAD (I know you said combo). Switchable Output valves EL84 vs 6L6 (or 6v6), switchable silicon/valve rectifier, and power scaling.

Any Interest?
    sounds like the one I had made. This would be excellent., I was just about to recommend a BH5, but of course this amp does all that and more
  • Laney Cub12 combo any good to you matey?
  • Looks like I may have sold my Superchamp so I'm looking for an combo for in the house below £200, no Blackstar though thanks

Cheers!
    Interested why you said no Blackstar. I've a Blackstar and very happy but looking to upgrade to a bigger amp (mines a HT5 combo).

Cheers,
    Mike

• I hated my HT5 combo, sounded so unlike a valve amp - Amplitube was much nicer sorry
  • Hi @jonnyburgo,

I've got a Carlsbro TC60 that you can have for £120?
    One of the more recent 'reissues'.

60 watt all valve 1x12 combo.
    Very loud if you need it to be, but also great tones at lower volumes in the house (I'd know - that's what I've been using it for).
    Really nice cleans, and a very good crunch channel too.

Just have far too many amps now though, so something needs to go.

OR, I have a VHT Special 6 (mint) that you could have for £110?

And I'm only in Wigan, so just round the corner from Manchester :)
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • Those VHTs look (specwise) and sound great