NPD: Euphoria - Who's used one?

monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17585
in FX tFB Trader
I've just got my hands on a Wampler Euphoria.

My first real time to have a go with it today.

Quite an interesting pedal. Always nice to get something that isn't quite like anything else you've tried.

It is relatively transparent, but not as much as my Liquid Sunshine. 

Dialing it in is interesting. The bass control is pre gain so generally you need to keep it fairly low and pushing it gets quite wooley. The pedal in general gets a bit fuzzy as you wind the wick up so I've been keeping it below half way. The only pedal that I've known to have this behaviour is the Hot Cake so I wonder if it's a similar FET based circuit. 

It's fairly flat in the mids so I think it works really well as a rhythm pedal into a clean amp.

All of the modes sound good. If I had to guess what it's doing I'd say it was soft clipping, diode lift, hard clipping type of a thingy a bit like on a Prince of Tone. The "Open" setting is my fav. Low gain and shed loads of boost.

Where it excels is in touch sensitivity and string to string clarity. You can go from totally clean to crunchy with pick dynamics and it has a lovely sparkly character that absolutely loves single coils. As is usually the case with these

It's one of those pedals that sounds cleaner than it really is because the clarity when playing chords is so good. You can put quite a bit of gain on and strum a 7th or 9th chord without any nasty overtones. 

Once again I've discovered that all the pedals I have are good in their own way and don't know what to put on my board :)

Would be interested to hear from other users and how you have yours set.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markjmarkj Frets: 914

Had one for around 3 yrs , best overdrive pedal I've had ( and I've had a lot) Love the transparency of the pedal.

• Sounds really nice...

I think @gassage is also a fan.  
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    Delighted you're liking it and glad arrived safe n sound

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.