FB challenge voting period thoughts

I currently allow two weeks for voting in the main fb challenge, should it change to one week to allow more time for submissions?
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• i think 1 week of voting is enough...more time for submissions is a better idea.
  • I like the fact you pop up elsewhere in the forum to remind people of the deadlines..the exact period probably doesnt matter so much for me it's being reminded that it#s closing soon...same goes for both submissions and voting.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    can you get the power of the sticky? i find it a bit confusing as to which thread is which, for which challenge.

if you could sticky the 2 challenge threads (there are 2, yes?) while they are open, and then unsticky it and sticky the listening and voting threads while they are current.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    edited September 2014
    Fazer said:
    can you get the power of the sticky? i find it a bit confusing as to which thread is which, for which challenge.

if you could sticky the 2 challenge threads (there are 2, yes?) while they are open, and then unsticky it and sticky the listening and voting threads while they are current.

As these are now getting to be quite established and well supported, we could perhaps create a new sub-section under "making music" for these 2 challenges.

A sticked post could then hold the main details (email addy to use, SoundCloud playlist link), perhaps a link to previous months' winners, and the details/dates of the currently open challenges?

Re whether a week is long enough for the voting to be done - only argument to keep it a bit longer is that people can often be away on hols for a week.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    me thinks one week should be enough also
  • The voting seemed to be quite busy to start with this time but don't think that lasted more than a week?

i look forward to the listening bit more than the voting in any case
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I think it would be cool if we had a ROTM comp. (bare riff) Then a bass-line-to-fit-it-of-the-month comp. Same with keys,drums etc. Vocals/lyrics even! Until we have a full "verse".

Then the winners get together and make a tune.

I'm tired.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The only problem with a week is:

1) Holidays
    2) Only one weekend ... it takes time to listen to submissions
    3) Some people only visit once a week

To be fair I think there is plenty of time to create a track .. another week won't make any difference.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • for the riffs one it only take 6 mins to listen through the lot, I found i listened to the lot then listened back to my favourites a coiuple of times, prob less than 10 mins total.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I suppose it's probably more feasible for the riff one to just have a week to vote. On the normal challenge, bear in mind that both of my efforts have been recorded in a couple of hours on the due date...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Fretwired said:
    The only problem with a week is:

1) Holidays
    2) Only one weekend ... it takes time to listen to submissions
    3) Some people only visit once a week

To be fair I think there is plenty of time to create a track .. another week won't make any difference.
    Don't think the holidays argument is that strong, just means some people wont be able to take part in every vote. Might even be a good thing and introduce some variation. #2 & #3 might cut down the number of people who can vote regularly though, which would be more of an impact.
  • thanks for all you comments so far peeps
    Old Is Gold