small top quality power supply options

What's Hot
darcymdarcym Frets: 1297

My Pedaltrain nano arrived today and I started working out how I'm going to use it.

I have another nano acting as my small jam/flight board, and it's powered with gig rig small power supplies, which are really good, but also very expensive and over kill for the 3 - 4 pedals I'm going to put on this board.

I'm not sold on the volo battery concept, at this time, so what small max 5 isolated power supply options do I have that will fit under the nano ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2926

I have a Cioks Adam Link that fits under my Mini (note, it'll only fit under the newer revised version). The website says it fits under the Nano too.

As for the PSU itself, it's small, isolated, has enough different cables. No issues at all.

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited September 2014
    HB Powerplant Junior maybe?  Cheap and very good.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    edited September 2014
    Ive just bought into the gigrig modular system. Absolutely brilliant and absolutely tiny!! But as you say it is pricey.
    I had a voodoo lab iso5 that wasn't too big. That may go under the nano????
  • Small + top quality = GigRig Generator with an Isolator. As you say it costs a bit to start with but being modular you can expand and the Generator will do the biggest of boards, so long term it's good value. Plus if you're already using GigRig stuff you can move stuff between boards as and when things change. You know they will... :-)

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297

I have no issue with pricey, however to power 4 pedals max, it's too pricey, I put this under my other nano, it works great, but by the time I'd paid for the generator + isolator, it hit £200 to power 4 pedals (one of them a tuner).

It's over kill for my needs.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited September 2014
    Dont box yourself into a corner. The GigRig might be a bit dearer but no where near the £200 you quoted. £95 for the generator + £31 for a distributor = £126(or alternately £55 for the isolator instead of the distributor =£160). You'll never be short of power or connections (unless you go for an AC pedal of course).
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Always a good idea to spend money on quality power
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Honestly, for powering a few pedals, assuming the draw isn't high, the harley Benton pp junior is good. Supposed to be decent components inside, isolated and small.

Power supplies are surely just a stock schematic from manufacturers, rather than a unique thing, so if the components are good and it has enough power, it should be fine.
  • Gigrig is great!