Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Watch your wallet - Strymon content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The other dial says wibble

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Digital model of the Vertex wah. Even the goop will be modelled. 

• Looks interesting... Many applications to this I reckon.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited September 2014
    Told ya. I was wrong about phase tho.
  • Interesting. I viewed the video this morning. I'll be sticking to my mobius and timeline though. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I'm at work.  Will have to wait to view it at home tonight.
  • meh
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Interesting idea, but my initial reaction is that its quite niche. But then again, that could be a good thing. Its not for me though I don't think.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    sounds like something you use for recording mostly.
  • Actually this looks pretty epic. Great for recording definitely and if you can use a favourite switch to bring up your favourite scenes in the same you can with the Flint, quite exciting for live use. 

Could certainly see using one side for an authentic-sounding easy to tweak vintage slapback, and the other as an optional mild gain boost, then hitting the favourite switch for overdrive, a level boost and some thick flange/doubling...

Looks useful to me.. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Transparent overdrive!
    The flange sounds good but I don't think I'll be getting rid of my Mooer ElecLady too soon. 
  • dogload said:
    Transparent overdrive!
    The flange sounds good but I don't think I'll be getting rid of my Mooer ElecLady too soon. 
    I already have a transparent OD. Although that flange sounds good however, I'll hardly ever use it :( I'll be watching with great interest though :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • It doesn't really excite me...

I guess it could be convenient? But it's just od and modulated echo... Right?
  • It's got tape compression as well. Sounds nice, but I don't think it does anything that can't be achieved with other pedals. The real question is whether it's more fun to use the deco :)
  • Well they say the old tape decks don't fit well on pedalboards, they don't think of folks like me whose pedalboards sit on top of an old tape deck haha
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Just had a mailshot from Sound affects Music for this- 250 quid. No surprise there, but it'll still have to wait quite a while