Posting a camera

I need to send a camera back to the maker for warranty repairs. I refuse (for reasons too boring to go into) to have anything to do with the Post Office/Royal Mail at anything short of gun point.

Can anyone recommend any options, other than delivering it by hand?
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Lots of bubblewrap? 
  • Courier? Won't be much more than special delivery these days.
  • www.interparcel.com = win.

Do NOT use Hermes though.
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited September 2013
    Ta for the tips, especially the one about Hermes.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Moos3h said:
    www.interparcel.com = win.

Do NOT use Hermes though.
    +1
    If  it's ok to have it an item collected by the courier,  then unless something is really light and small, it's probably much easier to use interparcel than mess about with the post office anymore. 
    Cheaper, less rick of being damaged, more convenient and I don't have to deal with the goons in my local PO...
  • I get all that, it's just that the insurance only goes to £1000, and my camera cost £1600.

It's not damage I'm worried about, because it'll be going in the original box and packaging, which protected it perfectly well on the way out to me, it's the potential for loss I'm a tad wary of.
  • If its a warranty repair why are you arranging a courier?
  • Because until they've inspected it themselves they refuse to believe it's a warranty repair. Thus I have to arrange sending it.