My red Marshall JCM900

ParkerParker Frets: 960
I love this amp. Half stack twin reverb JCM900 with Angled base cab. Both in red tolex. It sounds massive! Completely impractical but sometimes you gotta do it! :)

I'm not looking to sell anytime soon but does anyone know a rough worth so I can add it to the bands insurance?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6150
    I think it's worth... posting in the right topic area! ;)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
    goldtop said:
    I think it's worth... posting in the right topic area! ;)

And moved .... :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    edited August 2013
    Parker said:
    I love this amp. Half stack twin reverb JCM900 with Angled base cab. Both in red tolex. It sounds massive! Completely impractical but sometimes you gotta do it! :)

I'm not looking to sell anytime soon but does anyone know a rough worth so I can add it to the bands insurance?

Cheers

50W or 100W?

Depending on condition, normal black JCM900 Dual Reverb heads seem to go for about £250-£350 for the 50W and £300-£400 for the 100W. Standard 1960 cabs for about £150-£250.

Red adds quite a lot to the value, probably 25% to 33%, but condition is all-important - more so than with black... people who are into 'cool' or 'collectable' versions are fussier about condition than those who just want a working amp. Obviously full working order and unmodified (apart from 5881 to EL34 conversion if it applies, which is considered an upgrade) matters too. A really tatty/modded red is probably worth no more than a black.

Insure it for the maximum that applies with all those details, since getting another one in red wouldn't be easy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    It's the 4100. 100w. Lugging the 4x12 around is back breaking but may get a 2x12 down the line for smaller gigs.