MJT Thinline Tele build - pickup recommendations wanted

markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
edited September 2014 in Making & Modding
So I'm putting together my first build, which happens to be based on a lovely MJT Thinline tele body I got off here a short while ago. I'm in the process of getting bits and bobs together but I've come to a point where I can't make a decision. So....heeeeelp!

I've got a rather nice Broadcaster pickup for the bridge, but I'm really not sure what to put in the neck. Classic single coil, P90 or maybe even a HB. I play all kinds of stuff in my band, and have got a Baja, a Les Paul and a Strat so those sounds are covered. I'm leaning towards a P90, but it would need routing for it. 

What would you guys do? What recommendations do you have for nice pickups that cover sounds I don't already have, without spending a fortune on one neck pickup?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    I'd speak to Ash at OilCity.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    My Tele has a TVJ Filtertron in the neck position actually it's a Supertron which is a bit hotter than a Filtertron but it's paired with a fairly hot BKP Boss at the bridge so that works.

Anyway, I absolutely love it
  • @ttony.... He may be my port of call!

@drbib....Hmmm, hadn't considered Filtertrons (or similar)....colour me interested! Off you You Tube I go!