EQ pedal musings (for use with DRRI)

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
edited September 2014 in FX

I'm considering getting the bright cap clipped on my 65 DRRI - one option is to have a push-pull switch fitted to one of the knobs so I can still have loads of sparkle if needed, the other option might be an EQ pedal. I might also/alternatively use it for bringing the mids up a bit with pedals. I love the amp, it would be nice to have a wee bit more flexibility with the EQ at lower volumes.

Any recommendations/similar experiences? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Use the Normal channel and jumper to the Vibrato channel to add a bit of reverb or tremolo if you want - turn the depth of them up further than normal so you can run the volume lower. You can also then turn the treble way down on the Vibrato channel if you're still getting fizz.

Cost: one patch cable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Just had a proper tinker with this - works very well, I'd not previously persevered with the dialling in and balancing of the separate volumes and EQ. It gets a bit like safecracking at really low volumes, but then I realised I could use the always-on volume on the DMM as a master volume too. Thanks for the tip!