Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Summer's over

What's Hot
but have you turned the heating on yet?

This afternoon I felt a bit too cool so I put an extra layer on ... then I put the gas stove on on the lounge. Sod it I've already paid for the gas (its in a big red bottle outside) and if I don't get the benefit of it the people who bought my house will (and they got it cheap enough anyway so they can pay for their own gas)
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    THe heating? steady on! I've got jumpers and cardies for that (and big thick socks too) mmm cosey
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    edited September 2013
    i turned it on to test it the other day.   glad i did as the radiator in the nursery had stopped working.  Just a stuck pin in the thermostatic valve so a gentle clout with the hammer got it free again
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Turn the heating on???  Steady on a bit.  

We're on oil, so the heating only comes on when it's white outside.

The multi-burner in the main room has just been lit though ... a bit of coal and some logs and the house stays comfortably warm.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Turned it on today after 3 hours at a raining gymkhana but was told to turn it off again immediately.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • it's on now...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    edited September 2013
    But... where will we be?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    no heating yet (though at the point where we need a blanket on us of an evening on t'sofa) but we have made a start to bring the log pile down to the house.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    I'm sorely tempted to turn the heating on now. But I don't turn it on until October.

Mind you, the summer duvet goes tonight, I've just seen what the overnight low is going to be.

• No need for heating yet but I tested it yesterday and purchased an oil filled rad today for the conservatory
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    still 30 degrees here
  • Pussys, the lot of you
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Wife's had the heating and the fires on for a week now. Sweating me tits off. I attempted a rational discussion about costs-v-warm clothing but got 'that look'.

And the jam eaters are harping on about flamin Christmas  :(
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Mine's left on 365 days a year with the room 'stat set on 18 degrees. If it gets colder than that, the heating's on....
  • I just turned it off. getting a bit too warm in here.

The heavier duvets are in for dry cleaning, so if the lighter one isn't enough tonight it'll be +blankets time
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Mine's left on 365 days a year with the room 'stat set on 18 degrees. If it gets colder than that, the heating's on....
    FINALLY someone who understands how a thermostat works!

Getting this through to my wife is impossible, so I've given up...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    we don't have a thermostat. We do have cats though, they're a good barometer on how cold it is.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Mine's left on 365 days a year with the room 'stat set on 18 degrees. If it gets colder than that, the heating's on....
    FINALLY someone who understands how a thermostat works!

Getting this through to my wife is impossible, so I've given up...
    I don't understand how a thermostat works. 21 is too hot in summer and 23 is too cold in winter.
  • VimFuego said:
    we don't have a thermostat. We do have cats though, they're a good barometer on how cold it is.
    Its too hot when they don't want to sleep on your bed with you and too cold when they do
  • I've been forced to turn the air-con down a touch.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    I've been forced to turn the air-con down a touch.
    Now ^^ THAT ^^ is the sort of behaviour I like to see in a forum member.

On holiday, on a different continent*, and he's still contributing wise words to the forum.

:)

*  OK, so it's actually a different world rather then just another continent, the the TV is crap, but still nice to hear from you Mr C Dog.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.