Line 6 M5 Owner comments please.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    frankus said:

I think the M5 needs a midimouse before it's a practical dynamic gigging tool.
    Pressing both stomp buttons together gives you the same sort of interface as the midi mouse, but that only works if you play the songs in the same order on the set - literally up and down a set of presets... that said, the midi moose would work really well, as you wouldn't need to scroll and have four or five presents callable at the press of one stomp. I like that idea!
    I use about 4 sounds on a regular basis.  I save these into adjacent presets which you can switch easily by pressing both buttons at once and it's fine as long as you don't want 2 different effects in the same song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great pedal

Fucking awful display - if it had the G3 interface it would kill
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Thanks for the input everybody.
    That Midimouse looks great but it's a bit pricy.
    Makes you wonder why Line 6 didn't make their own midi switch work with it.
    If I can use my old Boss expression pedal with I'll be quids in if not I will probably get the line 6 one.
    Don't touch that dial.

• can you not lower the volume within the patch and resave the preset? I'll have a look when I get home.
    Nope. If you could it wouldn't be a problem. Tremolo is affected more than other effects. Reading online it seems that line 6 know it's an issue but can't be bothered releasing a firmware update to sort it.

Great pedal

Fucking awful display - if it had the G3 interface it would kill
    You're not wrong. You cannot see the display without getting right up close and squinting on stage. G3 is awesome. 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615

I look at this pedal as a great practice device for home with a very small footprint rather than a gigging tool.

I just picked one up on here (thanks Geepers) mainly cos I keep a guitar & amp in lounge for occasional practice when Iounge is empty. So I wanted a small pedal that had a tuner & this fits the bill. And the price of a standalone tuner would not have been that much less. Might be only one effect at a time but that is all I need in this instance. Would prefer a nova system but they are pushing £200 used so that was off the radar. These M5 come under £100 new !

Think if I was gigging I would be looking at the more expensive 'do everything' devices anyway. But as people would only pay me to leave the stage not get on it guess that will never be a concern haha

Cheers Baz

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    All of the M-series are really good. But I just have a bit of an issue with how "cloudy" they sound. Hard to explain, but I find the delays in particular a bit difficult to dial in, they disappear... or they're just too much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got one ordered, I don't use many effects. My main effect is delay and I can use the presets to have a few different delays for different songs, rather than changing settings on one delay pedal for different songs. I use the occasional bit of modulation but not when I'd be using delay so it will do me for gigs just fine.
    Gonna get one then.
    Thanks for all the comments.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Fez;37835" said:
    Thanks for the input everybody.

That Midimouse looks great but it's a bit pricy.

Makes you wonder why Line 6 didn't make their own midi switch work with it.

If I can use my old Boss expression pedal with I'll be quids in if not I will probably get the line 6 one.
    My AX3000G controls it very nicely, I'm sure your Boss pedal will too.
  • I'm selling an M5 if anyone is still looking. £75 delivered.
    M5 acquired from Geepers. Still getting to grips with it but hope to use it at the next gig. My old Boss expression pedal works pretty well which was a pleasant surprise as it must be over 25 years old. Gee is it that long ago since I bought the Boss ME5.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Here's a tip! Make sure you have it set to manual save otherwise when you leave the expression pedal in any old position, it'll save whatever settings the expression controller changes, meaning you'll be forever fiddling with the M5's settings.
    Good tip thanks Longi.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I changed it to auto save thinking that it would make it more similar to a normal stompbox, all good and well until I thought I'd have a fiddle and changed the model type and it doesn't remember the settings when you switch it back. It went back to manual save very shortly afterwards...
    Used it at last nights gig, worked a treat apart from some slight operator failure (forgot to switch to phasor patch on one song Lol).
    Don't touch that dial.
    edited November 2013
    shuikit said:
    I changed it to auto save thinking that it would make it more similar to a normal stompbox, all good and well until I thought I'd have a fiddle and changed the model type and it doesn't remember the settings when you switch it back. It went back to manual save very shortly afterwards...
    It's even worse with an expression pedal! The amount of times I've reset all my settings only to have redo them at the next rehearsal! Heh!
    Yeah steering clear of auto save. What I have done is program presets with blank or no effect settings between the affected ones.
    So 1off 2 swell delay 3 off 4 phasor you get the idea.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Im looking to get one for whammy, ring mod and some of the synthy effects. Whats it like with fuzz and overdrive going into it?