The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    Fretwired said:
    Wolff blames Hamilton .. he shouldn't have tried to overtake on the last lap. Hamilton should find a new team ....

Where has that come from ? Haven't seen anything from Wolff like this on the usual F1 sites .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24264

I'm thinking Nico's twitter should get these.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    genuine chuckle at that one, thank you.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111

The line Lewis should have taken looks very similar to the lines a certain Venezuelan driver used to take regularly...

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    sticker said:
    Fretwired said:
    Wolff blames Hamilton .. he shouldn't have tried to overtake on the last lap. Hamilton should find a new team ....

Where has that come from ? Haven't seen anything from Wolff like this on the usual F1 sites .
    Wolff's quotes. He called both drivers "brainless" and then followed up with:

"I don't want to attribute any blame because every time you watch the video and look at onboard there is new information," he said.

"New information" - I take that to mean he holds Hamilton responsible for trying an overtake manoeuvre on the last lap otherwise he'd blame Rosberg.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I'm willing to bet Alonso will be clearing off to pastures new next year.

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited July 2016

"I don't want to attribute any blame because every time you watch the video and look at onboard there is new information," he said.

"You can't say who is more to blame than the other. I have an opinion. I am not going to express it. But it needs to be avoided.

I don't see any blame being laid by him at all .

If he does then that goes against pretty much every F1 pundit/expert who are all saying Nico did not even try to turn into the corner until he made contact with Hamilton .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    sticker said:

"You can't say who is more to blame than the other. I have an opinion. I am not going to express it. But it needs to be avoided.

I don't see any blame being laid by him at all .

If he does then that goes against pretty much every F1 pundit/expert who are all saying Nico did not even try to turn into the corner until he made contact with Hamilton .

Nico swears blind it was not his fault .. Toto won't blame him and at best says it's 50/50. How will Hamilton feel? In spa Wolff blamed Rosberg and made him apologise. Things have changed .. look at Lauda's body language yesterday. Hamilton's no longer flavour of the month IMHO.

Not sure - new rules for 2017 and it's clear Honda have an eye on next year. I don't think Honda is far away - Button actually finished a Grand Prix.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/26/honda-developing-new-concept-f1-engine-for-2017/

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:
    Yet another stupid decision by Martin Donnelly. Not fit to be a steward.
    @Garthy Explain.
    He (and Radovan Novak) were also the stewards in Spain and in both instances have been incredibly light on Rosberg. I was expecting a DSQ for Rosberg. the 10 second penalty is bullshit.
    Garthy said:
    Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:
    @Garthy Explain.
    He (and Radovan Novak) were also the stewards in Spain and in both instances have been incredibly light on Rosberg. I was expecting a DSQ for Rosberg. the 10 second penalty is bullshit.
    When was the last time someone got DSQ for something similar.

There was no way that was going to happen.
    Garthy said:
    Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:
    @Garthy Explain.

Correct. I'm surprised the stewards did anything as they don't usually with a blue on blue incidents. I think the punishment fair.

Fretwired said:
    Not sure - new rules for 2017 and it's clear Honda have an eye on next year. I don't think Honda is far away - Button actually finished a Grand Prix.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/26/honda-developing-new-concept-f1-engine-for-2017/

Yeah, well you can put this in the Fretwired & Chilli Predictions thread!

Alonso will be getting so pissed off, he won't be hanging around for yet another year of piss-poor development, unless of course he manages to score a multi-million dollar deal from McLaren. That could possibly sway it.

If he wants to win, on the other hand, he'll be off.

edited July 2016
    Fretwired said:

Alonso will be getting so pissed off, he won't be hanging around for yet another year of piss-poor development, unless of course he manages to score a multi-million dollar deal from McLaren. That could possibly sway it.

To where? Too many hot shot young kids coming through. Red Bull are fixed, Mercedes may have a seat but it's likely to go to a young driver. Possibly Rosberg goes and Hamilton gets Pascal Wehrlein as his new partner. Could make sense as Pascal could learn a lot from a three time world champion.

I just don't see where Alonso would go that would allow him to win races. A mid table team won't be able to afford his salary. I think he'll stay put for 2017 and bail out if it doesn't work out. A brand new Honda engine may keep him interested.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    fretmeister;1137752" said:
    Garthy said:

Fretwired said:

Garthy said:

@Garthy Explain.

Micheal Schumacher 1997 in Jerez, although he was disqualified for the entire season.
    Garthy said:
    fretmeister;1137752" said:
    Garthy said:

Fretwired said:

Garthy said:

@Garthy Explain.

Micheal Schumacher 1997 in Jerez, although he was disqualified for the entire season.
    Your devastating argument is based on 1 decision almost 20 years ago?

And one when MS obviously steered towards the other car?

Nope.
    edited July 2016
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

To where? Too many hot shot young kids coming through. Red Bull are fixed, Mercedes may have a seat but it's likely to go to a young driver. Possibly Rosberg goes and Hamilton gets Pascal Wehrlein as his new partner. Could make sense as Pascal could learn a lot from a three time world champion.

I just don't see where Alonso would go that would allow him to win races. A mid table team won't be able to afford his salary. I think he'll stay put for 2017 and bail out if it doesn't work out. A brand new Honda engine may keep him interested.

Sorry, should have qualified my statement. I was hinting at him going to WEC or another formula, rather than stay in F1 with McLaren and just take the money.

EDIT: He's already got a brand new Honda engine.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    It's all very well Honda developing a new engine now, but if they haven't already got it on a dyne producing 100 bhp more than the current one and able to run flat out for 40 hours straight then it's no bloody help at all. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires