The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited August 2013
    As an aside, it's Mrs C's birthday today. I went up the road to get some milk, come back to find her watching FP 2, complaining that Gary Anderson needs to take the go stopper out of his mouth. That's my girl, total motorbird!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Can someone tell EJ that he looks like a right prat in those tight, plum-coloured strides, please?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    I'm watching it on sky, so cant see them.  BBC coverage as only good with Jake.  EJ was ALWAYS a name dropping plonker, so any chance to escape his inane drivel is welcome.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    What an exciting qualifying session ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Got to feel a bit sorry for Paul Di Resta 

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Well done Lewis yay

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    I'm watching it on sky, so cant see them.  BBC coverage as only good with Jake.  EJ was ALWAYS a name dropping plonker, so any chance to escape his inane drivel is welcome.
    Sky is way better than BBC its a shame Coultard did not join Sky

edited August 2013
    What is EJ wearing? He looks like something our of a mid-1960s Beatles film .... he's obviously be raiding his old wardrobe ..

He's obviously F1's answer to Austin Powers .... :-)

edited August 2013

I know, he looks like a old Teddy Boy, or something. And I'll laugh my cock off if Ricciardo doesn't go to Red Bull, he was so bloody annoying sure of himself. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that he pisses Coulthard off, because I don't like that cube-headed twat either.

Exciting stuff, though, eh? Perez 13th and JB in 6th? Result!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    I wish they'd get McNish to replace square jaw. Although I'd rather have Coultard than Brundle. Or somebody with a massive sample library of James Hunt quotes would be better. Next time Grosjean does something stupid “The trouble with Grosjean is that he’s a French speaking wally: always has been and always will be.” He was the best alongside Murray.

Great qualifying session though. Though Di Resta might just have done it.
    Ianpdq said:
    Sky is way better than BBC its a shame Coultard did not join Sky
    Yeah, it's a shame because I don't have Sky and then I wouldn't have to put up with him!
    :D

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    edited August 2013
    I don't mind Coulthard until he starts waffling on about the only reason Hakkinen used to kick his arse was because Ron Dennis liked Mika more than him. Of course, it was nothing to do with Mika being shit hot and Coulthard being nothing more than average.
    "On this day in history" blah, blah, blah.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    Watching the Quali on iplayer. Suzie is still fairly awful, she always was with the bikes, so it's not going to get better. The Beeb need to realise the reason Jake was so good is because he *really* knows his stuff, works really hard to research what he doesn't and can talk intelligently and spot a moment to grab a passing team boss or whatever. Perry just doesn't have that. 

And while EJ can be annoying, and certainly plays the fool, he is excellent at asking the right questions of team bosses in particular. His interview with Horner re Ricciardo/Alonso etc was excellent.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yup, Suzy Perry is like a fish out of water. She seems lost for words a lot of the time, and there are embarrassing silences in the commentary. Jake Humphries was excellent, shame he went elsewhere.

An interesting grid. Three Brits in the top six and whilst Hamilton needs to be wary of Vettel at the start there's an angry Aussie looking for payback - if Webber can get a good start the run down the straight could be tastyif he can get alongside Vettel. And just to speice things up further we have rain ....

Trouble is, the grid is a bit mixed up, what with the changing conditions in qualifying and all. I think maybe Button and Di Resta are out of position. It would be interesting race under normal conditions, and if it rains, then we're on for a cracker!

As long as Grosjean and Perez behave themselves, and don't hit anything.

Well Button started like a man looking for a new contract.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    I don't like the way the Stewards are running races these days. Also: rain please?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    It's Spa, it'll rain...

And defiantly pot calls kettle black with Perez and Grosjean.