• Riccardo confirmed at Red Bull.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    edited September 2013
    Finally....right, move along Massa.

Finally....right, move along Massa.
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    He did nearly win the championship until Lewis came round the last corner :)

• Eddie Irvine nearly won the championship and that didn't stop him getting the boot....
  • So, what's the next predicted moves, guys?

• Kimi to Ferrari. Massa and/or Hulk to Lotus, maybe?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'm not sure where Massa would go, Sauber I'd guess. There must be half the field out of contract this year, going to be interesting.

I can see a few unemployed drivers too - especially if Sauber get Sergey the Russian.
  • I can't see Lotus wanting Massa. I reckon he's finished, unless he's bringing a shedload of cash along with him. Hulkenberg is a more logical choice, or maybe Rosberg because I'm unsure if he's safe at Merc.

I can see Kimi going to Ferrari, but I'm still not convinced that JB won't end up there or Mercedes, despite him saying he's going to end his days at McLaren. That's what Lewis said!

• Massa has bags of experience, he'd be a help to Sauber if they end up with the Rookie Russian. He'd help any of the teams with some of the younger drivers. Plus I expect he has access to plenty of Brazillian sponsorship if needed. Could even see Williams being interested, Maldonardo is ut of contract.
  • I can see Sauber going for Maldonado and his cash if he's out of contract. He's genuinely quick when he's not crashing, much like Grosjean and Perez but comes with bags of cash to boot. That would leave a gap at Williams for Massa, following the Barrichello route. Maybe a big step down, but no top team is going to pick him over Kimi or Jenson or Rosberg, surely?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Massa will be off I'm sure. British driver Sam Bird is being tipped for an F1 drive. He's currently doing well in the GP2 series and is the Mercedes reserve driver.

Not sure what's happening with Button as McLaren haven't been falling over themselves to make reassuring noises. I think they might bite the bullet and go for youth on the grounds it will take them two years to get back to the top by which time Button will be over the hill.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I get the feeling Rosberg will stay until Kubica comes back. That'll wake Lewis up. I think Sam Bird is mercs back up option for Kubica (although they've got 3 reserve drivers) The rate Merc are attracting personnel I wouldn't be surprised if they started a junior Team.

Something's brewing at MacLaren. I wouldn't be surprised to see Whitmarsn, Perez and Button walk. I can't imagine Ron is a happy bunny, he needs results to sell motors. It'll depend how the shareholders feel.

• Kubica's not coming back. He can't physically turn the steering wheel enough while sitting in the tight cockpit :(
    Breaking news: According to Spanish website COPE, F1 insiders say Raikkonen could be heading to McLaren with Jenson Button moving to Ferrari as a replacement for Massa. This could account for the silence on driver line-ups from McLaren and Ferrari. Button stated over the weekend that only Alonso could beat Vettel this year .... vocal support for his new team mate?

• stickyfiddle;26334" said:
    Kubica's not coming back. He can't physically turn the steering wheel enough while sitting in the tight cockpit :(
    Well, not yet. He's in the sim. I'd really like him to come back, Vettle & Kubica would have been something to watch. Admittedly it's a long shot.

Interesting news from Spain...
  • Blimey, that's hot news, Fret! And I can see that happening, too!

• Planet F1 reported that JB is expected to sign a 3-year deal with McLaren.

edited September 2013
    Whitmarsh has confirmed McLaren are talking to Kimi - apparently they spoke to him last year as well. It's on the official F1 website.

I think Kimi, if he joins, is more likely to replace Perez ... unless Button is temped by a move to Ferrari.