wiring question.

What's Hot
Hello, Looking for a bit of advice from any one who's good with a soldering iron :)

I'm wiring a guitar with one volume, two tone and 3 way switch. I'm going to make both tone pots push/pull so I can coil tap both humbuckers. I'm going to follow the digram below, and I just wanted to know I do at the area marked in red. Do I solder a joint here and run wires in the way shown. I'm just doing some pre at the moment as I'm waiting for my pickups to arrive. So ANY advice would be great.

Thanks in advance. Mark

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Make the connections on any of the terminals that those wires go to - it doesn't matter which, or even all the same one - don't join the wires exactly where they're shown. It's just a convention to make the diagram easier to read.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @ICBM  Thanks, that makes sense now to point it out. First time trying this, but I figure you can't learn if you don't try :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Remember, when you've never done something before there are no stupid questions, just stupid assumptions. Don't feel embarrassed to ask!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask - so they say..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.