Practise diaries

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Who keeps a prctise diary?

I'm thinking I should as I have a bunch of books to work through, and think if I keep a track of what I've covered, and learned I shouldn't go over the same thing two or three times.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paul_xtpaul_xt Frets: 86
    Personally I find them really handy. It's all to easy to forget what you've learnt and how far you have come. Remember when changing from a G to a C was difficult? I don't, because I've now done it that much that it's become second nature. Back then though, it would have been a struggle. It's things like that we forget that make us appreciate how much hard work we put into these sodding guitars....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@paul_xt thanks, I shall start keeping a diary (and doing some proper practise).

I'm looking to get to a standard where I can start on the John Petrucci books and not feel daunted.

I may have some (ok a lot) of work to do.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The thought of a practise diary makes me shudder, but to each his own and good luck to you :)
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    It's probably another one of those a good ideas, that I'll never do. :)
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    It would just be a testament to my complete inability to practice consistently.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    It would just be a testament to my complete inability to practice consistently.
    :) I'm the same...I keep trying to organize myself but I'm hopeless. I must say though I'm really good compared to how much I practice...or maybe I just think I'm good :)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I just think I'm good.

Hence why I'm going to keep a diary of what I've already covered. Then I can learn new stuff, rather than keep going over the same things over and over and over (ad nauseum).

I did have a eureka moment last night, a simple lick I couldn't get the timing right on tuesday, fell straight into place last night.